IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Hello Damian, I would like to use Morphit! and Goodhertz CanOpener Audio Units with Audirvana. I've installed them on my Mac, but they do not show up in Audirvana. How can I get them to work? (They worked fine with Audirvana 3.1.)

A quick update - the Morphit! and Goodhertz CanOpener Audio Units show up intermittently (maybe 20% of the time), and when they show up they work, but if I select Realtime Control, the music won't play and then the app crashes. 

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

iMac>Eitr>Modi Multibit>G1217 Solstice (w/Noise Nuke)>HD800

For anyone having trouble getting Audio Units to work - I followed an earlier recommendation by Damian78 (thank you!) to delete the preference files, and it fixed the problem (at least for me).

To delete your preferences file, open the Console application, and enter the following two commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

I have heard that software volume control and ReplayGain both degrade the audio quality - any opinions out there on how much they degrade it, and which of the two has the greater impact? Has anyone ever objectively measured the effect of either on the quality?

Just curious. While I want the best quality I can get, I'm also drawn to the convenience of both features. 

Thanks for the response, Jud. I honestly can't hear much, if any, difference with or without the software volume control activated, so I suppose Audirvana is using a good one. (Though maybe not Leedh - just saw your earlier comments 😉.)

• 3 months later...