IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

The Qobuz app (in the Mac version anyway, though not the mobile versions) has recently begun to use groupings in their classical listings, so that each classical work is shown, followed by the individual movements. Qobuz-Bruckner-Haitink.png.639250ff7e7cad5b4416fbe30426740d.pngThis is not yet true of every album but hopefully will be rolled out on most classical releases over time. Presumably it depends on metadata provided by the label.

This very useful feature doesn’t appear to have been enabled in 3.5 as yet, and I wonder if Damien can advise whether it’s in the works for a future beta.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, pdvm said:

I like the sound of 3.5, but I don't like the new interface at all. Look at all the real estate in the older version. You could actually read the whole title of a track.

74793958_Schermafbeelding2019-05-06om09_46_23.thumb.png.0ff36ed7cec1e578543dcef4abaea232.png

Now look at the new thing. How much less information is visible. Why does everything need to take so much space? Why is there a 'cover flow' thingy right where track information should be? Why are the 'hidden' play/favorite/more options buttons taking up almost a quarter of the remaining horizontal space, where, again, track information should be visible? What's playing? I guess there's a 1-by-1 inch box in the lower left corner where, if you concentrate for 30 seconds, you can decipher the full title of a track, as it scrolls by. Why are all the play/next/stop buttons a different size?

I love Audirvana, but I don't like this Spotify-like UI at all. Please, Damien, don't turn it into Spotify.

460163434_Schermafbeelding2019-05-06om09_47_07.thumb.png.3606e7afcb62fa5344ae1aae7433ecb5.png

+1

Is anybody else having problems maintaining a link with Qobuz within Audirvana over the past couple of days?

I've logged out of Qobuz several times then logged in again, and it then works fine for a while before again losing the connection. The Qobuz app has worked fine throughout, so I assume the problem is not there.

I'm using 3.5.7 and my Qobuz account is in the UK.

TIA

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, jrd1975 said:

Since installing the 3.5 upgrade the WindowServer process on my Mac mini incrementally eats up RAM (circa 3gb and higher) in the end A+ crashes when memory pressure gets too much.

This only occurs when A+ is running.

Once I force quit of A+ the process releases all memory and is stable at less than 256mb. 

Can anyone help?

Latest MAC OS and A+ build. 

Core I5 late 2014 with 8gb ram OS, application on SSD.

This has been my experience too, since upgrading to 3.5.

My scenario is similar, in my case a late 2012 Mac Mini, but with 10GB RAM - latest Mac OS and Audirvana updates.

RAM usage creeps up to around 4GB over a period of hours, and seems at its worst when I've been creating playlists. I suspect changing settings also causes this - I noticed it after I had been fiddling with the output settings.