IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

On 4/23/2019 at 1:55 PM, JohnM73 said:

Hi there.

J

Secondly, I cannot get the iOS remote to work at all. I have tried deleting the app, doing a hard reboot of my iPad, reinstalling the app, and trying again. Each time I just get a spinning search wheel where it says Available Computers, and by my iMacs name. Really frustrating. I'm rather torn at this point whether to request a refund or not, or if these are known issues with 3.5?

And on a purely pedantic note, when it says syncing, it has been misspelt as 'synching'.

Hoping things get better quickly as I'm already missing 2.9.

When I opened the remote after the install I had to select the computer again, and it was showing twice, once for 3.2 and once for 3.5 although it didn't identify it as such.  Once I selected the new instance everything worked.  Qobuz appeared differently just as it does in the desktop app, except still no H for hi-res.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe this has been answered already, maybe not.  The thread is 36 pages long!

When using the remote app with 3.2 I could change the destination device at will, it would stop playing on whichever device it was on, and then I'd have to restart from the start of the track, or whatever else I wanted to play.  in 3.5, it won't let me switch from the desktop without stopping the track entirely, not just pausing, and on the remote app there is no "Stop" button, just pause.  At least I can't find a stop button.  So on the remote app I need to go to the queue and advance to the end of the last track and let it stop naturally before I can switch.  Not that big a deal but annoying nonetheless.  

Is the remote app being updated to correspond with the 3.5 updates?  It also still doesn't have a hi-res indicator for Qobuz, something the desktop has now, and the resolution doesn't display until you hit start, unless I missed something.

And one more.  Will Audirvana ever support multi-room sync?

Yea, 3.5.7 seems to be a little less stable than the prior version I had.  I think I bypassed 3.5.6. 

One thing I definitely find is that the remote app works much better when my phone is not getting the wifi from my extender.  Something gets lost when I'm upstairs in my house whereas my computer is on the main router.  probably just be the wifi itself though.

Another thing that I see with 3.5.7 is that it takes over all volume control again, whereas the prior dot release did not.  3.2 always took over everything but I liked that I could control the built in speakers that other apps used even when it was running.  Sometimes a video would autoplay blasting loud and I couldn't turn it down.

• 2 months later...

I have the cut off issue every now and then.  I'm on 3.5.15 running High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac.  I know on an earlier release this was happening repeatedly, but now only every once in a while.  I usually close the app and restart otherwise it keeps happening on subsequent tracks of the same album.  Once cleared I'm good.

One other thing to note, when I shut down a UPnP device that is connected to Audirvana, AV just hangs up and I frequently have to force quit it.  This was the case on the old version too.  I don't know if this happens with my one direct connect DAC since it is powered through the USB and never powered off.

• 2 months later...

I just downloaded the new remote app and my first impression is finally the app works!  I never liked the old remote and would frequently just go back to the computer and select what I wanted.  Also, things seemed to hang up when using the remote even though it was the computer (27" iMac) running everything. 

I like that I can now see what is hi-res on Qobuz, and that the selection screens follow the desktop as close as possible, and follow normal standards of apps too.

But it wasn't just the remote app, the music would stop.  It would play all day if I controlled it from the computer, but once I started using the phone things would hang up.  Anyway, I hope the new remote app is better in that regard.  In my short experience with it response is much better, I like the interface better and I like that I can see the Hi-res logo.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have the occasional problem with the music stopping at the end of a track and not moving to the next.  It seems to happen more when I use the remote app, even the new version, but sometimes when not.  Closing and reopening the app seems to clear it up.  I'm running Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave, the latest Audirvana and remote app, Volumio on an RPi with a Boss HAT via Upnp and streaming Qobuz.  Is this possibly communication between Volumio and Audirvana, or lack thereof?  It's been running fine this morning.