IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

There is something rather perverse about issuing an update of a well kent software which changes everything around and then gives you no clues about how to use it. I have had Audirvana 3.5 as an upgrade for a few weeks and I still do not know how to add a track to a Qobuz playlist or how to add album artwork by dragging and dropping, among several recurring frustrations. It sounds great but I resent the considerable amount of time I am spending trying to figure it all out. I am not an idiot and can work things out when they are intuitively contrived but how hard would it be to offer a simple guide, like Audirvana 2 had? Perhaps adapting the original.

I saw someone else asked a similar question about five pages back and it was not answered but was swamped by comments which did not address the question. It is all very well trying to offload the burden of guidebook support to forums but I get the impression there is an assumption that people have hours available to sift through buckets full of "stuff" and chat, in the hope of finding a simple solution, more by chance than design. No doubt the answers to some of my questions will be sooo simple, people will wonder at my stupidity but where to find them...

Hi Donald. Thanks for responding. I usually manage to capture all the metadata when ripping with XLD or, if I have to do surgery, I use the oddly named Kid3 but it is handy to just tweak things when in Audirvana, especially if I have had to pull the artwork from Amazon or Discogs. It is what I have done in all the time I have used Audirvana and though it was always a bit flaky, as you say, it was the kind of flaky you get to know and forgive. 

I agree, searching requires a bit of cleverness to get where you need to be. I also agree that, after years of trying lots of different players, Audirvana in direct mode is the best one I have heard; I love it. However, I seem to have got drawn into a discussion that does not answer the question of how to add a track to a Qobuz playlist, nor how to drag and drop artwork in Audirvana 3.5   :0)