IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

28 minutes ago, damien78 said:

In the audio settings page: click on the loudspeaker icon bottom right, and then on the arrow right of the selected audio device.

On this page you'll find the DSP processing stages in order they are applied:

1. Effects

2. Upsampling

3. Volume control, with ReplayGain

Thanks, Damien! I never thought I would like the dark mode, but I love this one, because it isn't so dark 👍

In my opinion some options in the Audirvana Plus/Preferences menu, should be more on top for easy (quick) acces, because some of us use them quite often. In my case for example the iTunes library synchronization option and ReplayGain are often used. How about others?

26 minutes ago, Jud said:

I never use either of those.  😆

Sorry jos, don't mean to suggest your request isn't worthy, just saying the most used options could be very different for different users.  But perhaps many others use the same options you do, so let's see.

Yes, I know that, Jud, thanks. Also: perhaps iTunes users are in a strong minority now. I also have seen the option to rescan network folders/maps at each start and perhaps I should give this method of working a try.

Wen I go to library - > album, and hit the play button on a certain album, the album doesn't start to play, I have to open the album first and then select a song. If an other song is playing in the meanwhile, there will be a pause until you hit the same play button again. In my opinion it's not logical IMHO.

Audirvana+ is not always playing the song I select, but another song in my library. Most times it goes well, but sometimes not. I used to play my songs randomly automatically, so not a real problem for me. I have had this problem before, so it still exist in the new version.

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

Where do you see it?

If you activate the iTunes integrated mode, it is normal. Otherwise this means you are running the 3.2

Regarding your playback issues, to which audio device are you playing?

In the Preferences... menu. My device/bridge is the ultrarendu connected to Chord Qutest DAC, and I'm not using the iTunes Integrated mode. I'm running:  'Audirvana Plus Mac Version 3.4.99.17 (3524)'.

41 minutes ago, Jud said:

I don't know whether you're speaking of selecting the song on the computer or with the remote, but with the remote on an iPhone I do notice this occasionally (for example, select the first song on an album and the second starts playing).

Today on my computer, but I have had this also on my iPad Mini. But not your experience.

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

What do you mean by slow ?

If it is about the ReplayGain computation for albums missing this information, this means to read and a decode the whole audio files of the album to analyse their loudness and dynamics.

It takes about 10-15 seconds per album here.

And once this is done, the dynamics values are stored in the audio files metadata, so this computation does not need to be done anymore.

Damien, I have to look into this problem again. I just took a CD and that was going fine, but a big 192/24 album is still working after 30 minutes or so. So, perhaps it is because of some files that ar not working with ReplayGain.

5 minutes ago, jos said:

Damien, I have to look into this problem again. I just took a CD and that was going fine, but a big 192/24 album is still working after 30 minutes or so. So, perhaps it is because of some files that ar not working with ReplayGain.

Damien, In addition: I am quite sure one album is the problem right now. It's the first one in the range. I have had to force Audirvana to quit to stop the 'Analyze Albums Audio Dynamics' process. Other selected albums are working fine right now. I guess we can close this problem for now. Thanks for your attention!

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Don't know if you're referring to a different track playing than selected with the remote, but this happens with Qobuz. (I don't remember if it is on local tracks, too - @jos, what is the situation for you? Remote or using the computer also? Local tracks?)

I am not streaming from Qobuz or so, just files from my NAS.

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

And I've just released beta 18 with the aforementioned fixes.

The update is working fine in my case, thanks. But I still think ReplayGain should be more on top in the menu bar, like it was before, or much better: make it automatic for new albums.

4 hours ago, damien78 said:

Could you elaborate on the issues you're having?

I guess it is the same problem I reported before.. If you click on the play button of an album, it is not starting to play the first song. You have to open the album first and then select a song.

Just now, jos said:

I guess it is the same problem I reported before.. If you click on the play button of an album, it is not starting to play the first song. You have to open the album first and then select a song.

Btw...it is not a fault, but it is not what you expect.

3 hours ago, damien78 said:

Do you have shuffle playback engaged? This would explain why you don't get the first track to play when you click on the play button over the album vignette, but a random track of the album

Done, but still the same, doesn't play at all.

About ReplayGain: I noticed this functionality is working as Damien described before in this thread, but not good enough. If there is an album not suitable to work with this functionality, the system stops on this particular album. It doesn't skip the album, it is 'hanging' and there is no progress anymore. This is quite tiresome, because I have the check it often and then I have to reboot Audirvana+ by forcing a stop. Don't misunderstood, I love Audirvana Plus as my favorite player! 🙏 I believe the sound is even better than before. 😀

2 hours ago, Jud said:

The comments I've seen here are from people thinking it sounds better. I agree.  (First thing I noticed, actually.)

Edit: Though some people have said they miss iZotope, which Damien is bringing back for those with a 3.2 license.

Indeed, sound is more than outstanding!! No iZotope for me anymore!

54 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Got your files, and reproduced the issue loading the last seconds of the first track.

You can remove the files from here now.

Thanks Damien, I did make a private bookmark of those posts; don't known how to delete the files.