IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

The Mac beta version cosmetic is fabulous, but further he is not stable at the moment.
Problems with indexing the files. Playing albums didn't work. Only tracks is possible.
Waiting for a new update soon.

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.
Audirvana 3.5* on iMac, Iphone and Ipad

sonos-amp.jpg

19 hours ago, damien78 said:

Could you elaborate on the issues you're having?

For example:

In the Albums screen: play next, add to play queue, add to playlist are not working.

In the tracks screen it is good.

When I add new albums, after a while Start synching and nothing happens.

in the old version this was ready in a few minutes.

I use update 18 and made a real fresh database.

iMac 24 GB - Macbook Pro 8 GB - Sonos Sound system - 4x Sonos Play3 - Playbar - Sonos Amp 2020 - Audirvana via Airplay to Sonos.

sonos-amp.jpg

Damien,

3.4.99.20 is a very nice update. 
Only updating the indexes with new and deleted albums is much slower than in the version 3.2.16

sonos-amp.jpg

update 21:
The context menu in the albums area didn't work.
No play, play next etc.
Yesterday it was good.........very strange.

sonos-amp.jpg

Hi Damien,

As I told you the play option etc. didn't work in the album screen.
I just found what the problem is.
If you group the albums by Added Date it don't work.
When you stop the group adding it's ok.
So there some work to do for you:-)

sonos-amp.jpg

I don’t see new albums coming into the library.

A force synchronization by clicking on the Sync button is not working as far as I can see.

sonos-amp.jpg

7 hours ago, jos said:

I have had this problem too in the past, Marten. It is not always working, or visible,  and you always have to use the sync button after each change in iTunes to be up to date in Audirvana. So, with the new version I changed to the other, more preferred option, because now you can rescan your music network folder(s) automatically each time you start Audirvana. I am using my iTunes music network-folder, because I want to maintain iTunes as my database. One disadvantage is that your iTunes  playlists does not appear in Audirvana anymore, but you can make the same playlist in Audirvana, if you like.I would suggest you to give it a try. In my case it is working better than the sync option.

Thanks Jos, but I had too much problems with iTunes in the past. That's not my favourite program. 
Yesterday I started building a complete new database, but when I just wake up I saw an error on my screen, so that's also not the right way. I keep on searching.After a new start he gegins indexing again. I'll wait what happens now. But i my case it cost a lot of time........

sonos-amp.jpg

I deleted my old stable version 2.6.........
Because I expected a stable 3.5 version.
Is there a download link for the old version?

sonos-amp.jpg

Library problems.

My problem with Audirvana 3.5.2 is still synching my files. i have 4 NAS drives and Audirvana synchs only about 50% of that  files. I have set the option rescan folders at each start on. In version 2.6 there was not such a problem and was very happy. I wish I had version 2.6 back. Who can help me? I don’t use iTunes and didn’t want to use it.

sonos-amp.jpg

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Library problems.

My problem with Audirvana 3.5.2 is still synching my files. i have 4 NAS drives and Audirvana synchs only about 50% of that  files. I have set the option rescan folders at each start on. In version 2.6 there was not such a problem and was very happy. I wish I had version 2.6 back. Who can help me? I don’t use iTunes and didn’t want to use it.

Thanks to a great forum member I installed 2.6 and my problems are solved.
Don't know why Damian ignores my questions about 3.5, but for me it's ok now.

sonos-amp.jpg

Returned from 3.5.2 to 2.6.9 and all my 150000 files are back again. Syncing is good in the old version. 3.5.2 has a bad syncing in my opinion. So I wait now for better versions. 

sonos-amp.jpg

9 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

v3.5.3

And what has changed? Library syncing?

sonos-amp.jpg

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

3.5.3 has also a small fix for a rare sync crash that happened with some cue sheets

Thank you @damien78,

I tried 3.5.3 and all the files appeared now in the database again. So it looks good now. 

sonos-amp.jpg

14 minutes ago, jorgitok said:

What is the safest way to install the new version 3.5?. I read quite a few comments about the need after installing the new version of bugs and to delete preferences, etc,

Before installing the new version, should I delete the old one, but how about the preferences? Or should I delete the old after the new?

Thanks for any help

Jorge

You can use both versions separate. I use both at the moment.
Both use a different database, so there's no problem to use both.

sonos-amp.jpg

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

From TIDAL? Is it just now (potential TIDAL servers transient issue?)?

From your NAS, is it for the initial sync? What is the speed of your connection to the NAS? Wifi or wired?

NAS here is wired. 

sonos-amp.jpg

1 hour ago, Musicophile said:

Maybe I missed this in the 25 pages of this thread, but was does the "delete" function do, does it only remove the track from the library (meaning that the next sync will pick it up again), or does it also move the underlying file to the trash?

Only deleting in the data library. 

sonos-amp.jpg

Fresh restart with syncing 3.5.6.

Syncing stopped at 60% of the files.

Just a new complete syncing at start up.

Nothing changed, number of files is the same. 

sonos-amp.jpg

Just made a conversion of database 2.6.9.
All my files are back.

Look at the date last modified in the screen dump. 1-1-4713........
Could this be the cause of the sync problems?

Schermafbeelding 2019-04-30 om 08.18.50.png

sonos-amp.jpg

And now. Recomputing.
Nothing strange happens.
But my new files comes not automatically in the database.

Schermafbeelding 2019-04-30 om 11.49.51.png

sonos-amp.jpg

@damien78

From a German music blog:
Ich habe Audirvana immer gerne benutzt und hatte keinerlei Issues. Seit Version 3.5 funktioniert die Synchronisierung leider nicht mehr. Meine Musik ist auf einem NAS gespeichert (rund 26k Alben). Audirvana liest jetzt nur noch rund die Hälfte ein. Völlig beliebig werden bestimmte Artists und deren Alben einfach ignoriert. So leider ziemlich unbrauchbar.

As you can see I'm not the only one with synching problems. I tried it many times but now I can say 3.5.5 is not a stable version. Music playing and GUI are ok. But synching was good in 2.6 but as the German blog says 3.5.5 is "unbrauchbar". What means if you don't know unusable. Damien can you give at least a reaction and tell me if you will repair that soon? You will not believe how many times I installed the new versions again. I just decided to stop with 3.5.5 and use from now on 2.6.9 without synching problems. 

sonos-amp.jpg