IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

A+ 3.5.2 allows one to use the database integrity check while music is playing. HOWEVER, it locks out the controls - you can't stop or pause playback while the check progresses. The iOS remote is also unable to connect to A+ while the db integrity check is running.

When migrating to 3.5.1 from 3.2.16, my Smart Playlists all seem to have come over correctly. My one regular (not so smart) playlist, however, is a mess. My playlists are all by album, not track, and every album in the list is missing random tracks. When I look at these albums in the library or in a Smart Playlist, all the tracks are present.

I tried checking the database integrity and rebuilding indexes, but no change.

I have tried importing the playlist again, but that function doesn't seem to work: nothing happens after I select the playlist I want to import. It just doesn't show up.

??

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

I had this issue, then it was fixed.  And now its back again.  For me, iTunes playlists imported into A+ 3.5 are totally jumbled in terms of order....

Actually, my issue is NOT with iTunes playlists, but with Audirvana 3.2.16 playlists.

21 hours ago, bnbayer said:

When migrating to 3.5.1 from 3.2.16, my Smart Playlists all seem to have come over correctly. My one regular (not so smart) playlist, however, is a mess. My playlists are all by album, not track, and every album in the list is missing random tracks. When I look at these albums in the library or in a Smart Playlist, all the tracks are present.

I tried checking the database integrity and rebuilding indexes, but no change.

I have tried importing the playlist again, but that function doesn't seem to work: nothing happens after I select the playlist I want to import. It just doesn't show up.

??

I should clarify that I am trying to re-import playlists from Audirvana 3.2.16 OR from 3.5.2 - iTunes is NOT involved. The messed up playlists were from the migration to 3.5

Is there a way to play a group ('Grouping') in 3.5? In version 3 you could drag the group header into the play queue - awkward on a headless Mac and impossible with the iOS remote, but at least it was possible in some circumstances.

In 3.5 I can drag the group title around, but I can't put it in the play queue - the play queue is just an icon, and you don't seem to be able to drag into it.

Could we have the Play Queue back in the left hand column, along with Library, et cetera? 

5 hours ago, pl_svn said:

doesn't work: no contextual menus in Audirvana 3.5.3 (... on a VNC connection to my headless Mac Mini 🙄)

EDIT: but just tried in A+ 3.2.16 and contextual menus are there

Interesting: Contextual menus ARE there in 3.5.3 - but only if you have a two-button mouse. You need an actual right click, not a Mac-style Control-click. My old Logitech cordless mouse gives me the contextual menu for editing playlists while screen-sharing from my office iMac.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, bnbayer said:

There is no View > Zoom In/Out on 3.5.5 on my copy. CMD +/- also doesn't do anything.

No_Zoom.jpeg

And sometimes there is... (CMD +/- works when the menu items is present, not when it's missing.) I can't see any consistency as to when it is and when it isn't.

Zoom.jpeg

5 minutes ago, 57gold said:

Just updated from Plus to 3.5.

Where are the controls for upsampling/conversion and filters?  Used to be Preferences.

Thanks.

Click on the little speaker icon in the lower left. Select your output connection, and a different screen will open. Upsampling is partway down the page.

5 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

OK, I trashed Prefs again, Mac D 150 has Int Mode, no Direct Mode, DSD128.

Mytek is only getting DSD 64, no Int Mode, no Direct Mode.

Trashing Prefs previously got DSD 128 w/Mytek, not this time..

I don't know why I'm getting these inconsistencies.

Jim, Have you done the hack to the Mac OS? (Or are you using an old OS?) I seem to recall from the 3.2 discussion that you wouldn't see Direct Mode if for some reason it's not available on your system. (Apologies if you've already been through this....)

18 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Maybe I missed this in the 25 pages of this thread, but was does the "delete" function do, does it only remove the track from the library (meaning that the next sync will pick it up again), or does it also move the underlying file to the trash?

It doesn't delete the actual file from your hard drive, just from the Audirvana database. However it will NOT pick it again up on a future sync. A+ seems to remember that you wanted it deleted.

12 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

but i can't find anything at first that wasn't there in 3.2.x that is not there in 3.5...

Yes layout changed, is it better or less for all of you ? but all the options from 3.2.x to 3.5 are there for sure (i think :) )

How do you play groups in 3.5? In previous versions you could drag onto the play queue - not a solution I liked, but it least it was a possibility. In 3.5 I can't drag anything to the play queue from the library or a play list. And after all these years, there are still no play controls on the group header.

I listen almost exclusively to classical, and practically everything I listen to has multiple tracks for a single piece (often only 3 - 5 tracks, but often 20 or more). Groups makes it easy - on other players. Adding the tracks one at a time on A+ is a pain.

Also, there are no play controls for an album that is selected. You can either see the track listing, or control the album, but not both. Again, 3.2.x had these controls. 

18 hours ago, Jud said:

Using track listing, select multiple tracks - using shift, ctrl, whatever you prefer.  Then hover over the left side of one of the tracks, which will bring up the Play, Favorite, and More (3 dots) buttons.  Click the More button and select Add to Play Queue from the menu. 

In this way, you can play whatever groups of tracks you like.  It just substitutes clicking More and selecting Add to Play Queue for drag and drop.  The action of selecting a group of tracks is identical to what you would have done in previous versions.

I'm not talking about creating ad hoc groups. These groups are permanently set up in the metadata. A lot of them come that way when you buy the download, though I generally edit, add, and/or change things in Yate. They display in Audirvana (although not as nicely to my taste as they did in the previous versions), you just can't do anything with them.

I really don't want to start all over picking individual tracks 5 times a day (ie, every piece I play), when all the tagging has already been done.

18 hours ago, Jud said:

hover over the left side of one of the tracks, which will bring up the Play, Favorite, and More (3 dots) buttons.

What I really want is those three dots on the Grouping line in the display. We've got them for the individual tracks, and we've got them for the complete album. We need them for groups as well.

(What I REALLY REALLY want is those three dots for groups in the iOS remote...)

7 hours ago, bnbayer said:

What I really want is those three dots on the Grouping line in the display. We've got them for the individual tracks, and we've got them for the complete album. We need them for groups as well.

(What I REALLY REALLY want is those three dots for groups in the iOS remote...)

This is the iOS, but it would be nice on the Mac app as well.

IMG_2883.jpg

Several people seem to have had syncing problems solved by 3.5.7 -  that's great! Unfortunately, I didn't have any syncing problems until 3.5.7, but now I'm missing probably 1000 albums.  Quite a number of them were albums I just played yesterday with 3.5.6, but that's probably a coincidence.

A very strange thing (to me, at least), is that when I quit 3.5.7 and tried opening 3.2.16, it was now missing the same albums.

I have tried quitting and re-syncing, and I've tried throwing away Library files (the database and preferences com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist) but no change. I think I missed something, though, as I didn't have to re-enter my license code. It did say it needed to migrate my database to the new version [again], however if it was taking the 3.2 db, that was missing the same albums.

What else do I need to try to get it to sync my whole library?

Another anomaly - not as serious as the missing albums, but indicative of some database malfunction: Sorting by "Last Played Date", I get the tracks I played yesterday (04/05/2019), then it jumps back a month, to 17/04/2019. In fact it was played AT LEAST 5 hours every day, so a bunch of data is lost. One symphony (13 tracks) I played on Friday evening, but it shows last played on 18 March. I'm sure it was played another couple of times between March and Friday as well, but that data is lost.

2 hours ago, pdvm said:

I like the sound of 3.5, but I don't like the new interface at all. Look at all the real estate in the older version. You could actually read the whole title of a track.

74793958_Schermafbeelding2019-05-06om09_46_23.thumb.png.0ff36ed7cec1e578543dcef4abaea232.png

Now look at the new thing. How much less information is visible. Why does everything need to take so much space? Why is there a 'cover flow' thingy right where track information should be? Why are the 'hidden' play/favorite/more options buttons taking up almost a quarter of the remaining horizontal space, where, again, track information should be visible? What's playing? I guess there's a 1-by-1 inch box in the lower left corner where, if you concentrate for 30 seconds, you can decipher the full title of a track, as it scrolls by. Why are all the play/next/stop buttons a different size?

I love Audirvana, but I don't like this Spotify-like UI at all. Please, Damien, don't turn it into Spotify.

460163434_Schermafbeelding2019-05-06om09_47_07.thumb.png.3606e7afcb62fa5344ae1aae7433ecb5.png

+1

On 5/4/2019 at 5:40 PM, bnbayer said:

Several people seem to have had syncing problems solved by 3.5.7 -  that's great! Unfortunately, I didn't have any syncing problems until 3.5.7, but now I'm missing probably 1000 albums.  Quite a number of them were albums I just played yesterday with 3.5.6, but that's probably a coincidence.

A very strange thing (to me, at least), is that when I quit 3.5.7 and tried opening 3.2.16, it was now missing the same albums.

I have tried quitting and re-syncing, and I've tried throwing away Library files (the database and preferences com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist) but no change. I think I missed something, though, as I didn't have to re-enter my license code. It did say it needed to migrate my database to the new version [again], however if it was taking the 3.2 db, that was missing the same albums.

What else do I need to try to get it to sync my whole library?

After several more attempts at trashing preferences and reloading my library, I'm still missing 30%-40% of my library. I can see these files in the Finder, and can see and play them through the HEOS app (on my Marantz receiver), which doesn't use Audirvana, but Audirvana refuses to load these files into the library.

A+ 3.2.16 also won't load them now, although they played there before the upgrade, and they loaded and played in 3.5.1 through 3.5.6 - it's like some flag has been set to ignore these files that affects both 3.2 and 3.5  

The latest attempt at a sync had been running now for about 3 hours, but thermometer is stuck at halfway, and hasn't moved or added any new tracks for about two hours. 

1 hour ago, bnbayer said:

The latest attempt at a sync had been running now for about 3 hours, but thermometer is stuck at halfway, and hasn't moved or added any new tracks for about two hours. 

Another hour, and the progress bar has moved up to about 3-quarters, but no more of the missing albums or tracks have been accepted into the library by A+

After a couple of days without music, I'm getting cranky... and Audirvana's behaviour is getting even weirder.

After multiple start-overs with both 3.5.7 and 3.2.16 - all of which had the sync stall at about 17,683 tracks, I tried a different tack with 3.2.16 (hoping it would migrate to 3.5 -  or at least I could use it while waiting for a fix to 3.5.x) I replaced the Library db and preferences with old ones from backup.This had pretty good results, but was missing some more recent purchases/ I was hoping s sync would pick them up. Ha.

A really long synch finally got up to 26,695 tracks - big improvement of 9,000+ lost tracks2162.thumb.jpeg.0e4423eb4b591a94cb46d6638904740d.jpeg

The progress bar stayed a long time right at the end, and after another hour finally finished - with 13,488 tracks. It actually THREW OUT 14,207 tracks it had already loaded.2086968216_Final1046.thumb.jpeg.1b3ee420896d57cea23ea7376bbca71a.jpeg

So what are my options now? Start downloading the demo versions of other players and hope Audirvana gets fixed before the demos expire? I know Audirvana is a one man show, but I need some support.

8 hours ago, damien78 said:

A note on using both 3.5 and 3.2.16.

If you like to switch between the two, be sure to NEVER launch them simultaneously.

Otherwise you'll observe issues like the ones posted above in this page.

You'll then need to delete at least the preferences files to start with clean ones.

For this, enter in Terminal application the following two commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus
defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

Please note you'll be asked for your license key when you'll relaunch Audirvana for the first time after this.

@damien78 I'm not sure if this was a reply to my posts, but I have run the Terminal commands several times, as well as dragged the Library and Preferences (and Cache and Cookies) files to the trash. Neither 3.5.7 nor 3.2.16 (running separately!) will load my full library. There are at least 900 missing discs, including ones I played on 3.5.6 just before the update.

The program runs fine otherwise and plays the discs it loads. I've also found that it offers a lot more options as to UPnP output devices, including my HEOS speakers (although it claims they are not DSD compatible - that's a couple of years out of date: they're better at DSD than they are at PCM).

53 minutes ago, damien78 said:

I've just released 3.5.8 with few fixes:

• Fix filters view incorrect width moving other views

• Fix iTunes playlists import

• Fix multichannel Audio Unit processing

A sync in 3.5.8 does not load my missing 900 albums. Still stops in the same place.