IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

18 hours ago, damien78 said:

Realtime processing (AudioUnits and/or SW volume control) is not active while playing to UPnP.

This is something I'll investigate for a future release. But note there'll be some latency due to the inevitable buffering of network players to avoid unwanted pauses in playback.

@damien78, Does it means there is no convolution possible in UPnP with Audirvana 3.5.2? Am I wrong ? I use Reverberate Core 2.0 by LiquidSonics.

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.

5 minutes ago, damien78 said:

It is perfectly possible to use AudioUnits with UPnP, but only in offline mode (= setup made when playback is stopped)

@damien78, so, I can do convolution (room correction) with Audirvana 3.5.2 by UPnP with my local files, Tidal and Qobuz? Sorry, if the question look a little bit stupid but I just want to make sure I understand correctly.

Roon Rock (NUC8i3BEK), Lumin A1, Audioquest Water XLR, McIntosh C70, McIntosh MC302, McIntosh MC74 Tuner, Monsoon AC power cord, Audioquest Rocket 88, Dynaudio Focus 340 and BIS Audio EVO Powerstrip.

1 hour ago, macuniverse said:

Yes, you can use it with uPnP; I do it with Reverberate Core as well. Just don't enable real-time control of Audio Units.

If you need to test the effect of DSP on audio you need to find another way. I use JRiver (Mac) on a Macmini locally connected to my DAC. Unfortunately  Audirvana does not allow the plugin to be by-passed  (on local playback) as it cuts the audio to the DAC if you by-pass Reverberate Core.

@damien78, it would be convenient to add selection check boxes next to the audio unit drop-down lists. This way one can enable or disable any audio unit effect without removing it from the list first. It's very inefficient to re-enable the previous audio unit and find the correct settings again.

When I uncheck real-time control I have problem with Qobuz. For each album on Qobuz, the first track is only played from the 25th second or 35 seconds. This varies from album to album. However, there is a common denominator, no sound before the 20th second.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm thinking of moving from a Mac to Windows. In terms of sound quality, does Audirvana Windows have the same audio qualities as its mac version? I ask the question because I noticed that the windows version does not have system optimizer and integer mode. Thank you in advance for your advice : )

• 4 months later...

Bonjour @damien78

I have Audirvana 3.5.20 on my Mac mini with a clean install. I can not import my playlists from Audirvana 3.5.19. On the other hand, if I take the m3u file produced by Audirvana 3.5.19 and I slip it on the icon of Audirvana 3.5.20,Audirvana is able to open the file. I see all my tracks, but it seems impossible to create a playlist in a play queue. Am I right? Can you please help Me? Thank you!

19 hours ago, damien78 said:

Can you send me your .m3u file so I can check it?

I sent to you the m3u files at support at audirvana dot com