IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Hello,

Since Damien will start beta semi public (need registration) tomorrow of his 3.5 version, i thought it would be good to have a new thread for it :)

For those enrolled in it, you should start by shutting down your old version of A+ and copy your Software in applications folder,

your preferences of it and your 3.2.x database, just in case you wanted to go back :)

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

Copy application Audirvana Plus from the Applications folder with ALT key to make a second copy...

It will have a 2 number at the end. Drag it out and save it to a new folder. Now delete the copy in Applications folder you just made. You're back like you were before...

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Copy the file AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite (that is your database of music) to your new folder with the copy of the software you just made.

Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Preferences...
Copy com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist in that folder (those are A+ software preferences)

again to the new folder you made for backup old 3.2 version.

So now, you have 3 things backed up.... The Application 3.x.x, the database and your preferences.

Now check for update within application menu :)

It will create a new database file with a V2 in the name... the old will still be there, but for myself i remove it just to not have things happen between the two.

you can leave it here if you want, since you have made a backup anyway...

Happy music!

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

6 hours ago, Chiler54 said:

And how does the new Verson sound compared to the old one?

This, can be only answered by you i guess. I was pretty sick this week, might test more this weekend, but at first sight, for answering Damien, i thought the soundstage was more near me and more fuller ambiance... But was it suggestive?

I love the sound of my music with A+, it is not worse from 3.2.x for sure :)

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

beta 4 is out with the database management... was maybe a bit faster defragmenting the database compare to 3.2,

but the size didn't change to lower size, like it was on 3.2.x

Did the 3 steps in management database... Scrolling mouse with 3200 albums is still lagging a bit, but more fluid then b3...

@damien78 won’t answer that anymore or he might be fired from the company 😀

you should see the link here soon i guess

4 hours ago, stewartg said:

Wots it sound like?

I know it’s only a beta testing version but there’s been so much impatience for this and now no comment since Monday.

Are there issues?

Sound was good and still is 😀

issues? Yes bugs to adjust, ee are at beta 6 now

If you like it, the trick still works In Mojave 10.14.3 with A+ 3.5b11

Hello all,

Wondering if anybody on a Mac Mini with no screen attached, using Apple Screen Sharing
is able to put A+ in his login items, and see it filling the screen when open after a restart ?

Mine opens like first image, but i have to ALT with green button, to have it like before filling the screen
like a want it in picture 2. All that was possible and still is with 3.2.16 on Mojave.

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 23.18.19.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 23.15.12.png

It should be going public beta... real real soon  :)

Surely have a link here 😀

I don’t use iTunes also but i calculate DR... for new albums, thought that button shouldn’t  be with dac settings. Can’t use it while music is playing, like in 3.2

Looks like album with separate songs and still have the cue sheet inside the folder ?

A+ had some difficulties in the past not playing the first song when there was a cue sheet still in the folder with the separared tracks, that was just a comment from the guy (jos) you answered first 😀. I have no experience with streaming...

1 minute ago, Andrey said:

Damien, how to return in a version 3.2.16 a light background on Mojave?

Preferences panel... light or blue...

4 minutes ago, photonman said:

Just got on the beta.  I am kind of liking that we only have Sox available as I never understood the difference from Izotope and I love when the decision is made for me.  But in all seriousness if it has not been developed since 2011 you have to move on but hey maybe eventually it will come back around just like Vinyl records.

Maybe when things are done right they don't have to be updated... just a thought because i'm no good at that either :)

Wanted to put back Izotope settings, but all seems to work but it doesn't play anything...

The bar doesn't advance. The song is bold, the cover seems like it will play but no sound no progress bar...

if i go to settings for DAC, all is greyed out, like when it is playing but still no movement or sound...

same after A+ restart and Mac restart... choose SoX all is Ok, back to Izotope no movement, stop upsampling, all is good there too...

22 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Which detailed settings have you used with iZotope?

Is anyone else having this issue with legacy iZotope?

Upsampling to dsd128 filter c -3db

also the last two settings of izotope doesn’t seems to hold, whenever i return to see the change

2 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Ok, fixed the settings.

But even with upsampling to DSD128, it plays fine here.

Any other setting, or a special DAC ?

Wyred dac 2 dsd special edition

never had problem before.

24, 512000, 0.94, 100, 0.68

if i remember, not home now.

all seems to work, only there is no time remaining and no time advancing. But i have to stop the song to make changes in settings like it was working

4 minutes ago, damien78 said:

For the smart playlist, can you tell me which criteria you had entered that was not saved?

For me in my nouveautés, added date don’t stick anymore, all others are ok, i can see what i put.

@damien78 Izoptope works now and settings hold there too  👍

37 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

3.5 has launched and migrated the library.  Where do you do the Izotype, VST plugins setting, etc?  When I select “Preferences” from the drop down menu bar, nothing happens.  And in the “Settings” on the new version, I don’t see those particular settings.  Thx

On the bottom right on speaker settings for DAC or else click the arrow there

13 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

Thanks. 

By any chance, in either playlist or album view, is there a “play favorites” feature?

Thats a feature I enjoy in Roon. For instance, I may anoint (heart) 8 out of 12 tracks on an album, by hitting “play favorites” it only plays those anointed tracks. 

I used that feature a lot before canceling Roon. 

Why not create a smart playlist with the criteria Album rating is...

and add another criteria or another smart playlist for Songs Rating

You can do 5 for songs rating and 5 for albums rating if you want for each star...

So like this you could play all your 1 star songs when you want friends to leave  :)

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 21.13.33.png