IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

2 hours ago, Jud said:

Direct Mode is a DAC driver. Drivers touch the kernel. Apple prohibits this except for developers whose drivers are specifically permitted to do so. Therefore the only way to re-enable Direct Mode without the workaround is for enough people to write to Apple and ask them to allow it that they include Damien on the list of developers allowed to write drivers.

Thanks for clarifying. Is there a consensus on whether DM is worth it, in terms of sound quality? Also, are (good) Mojave instructions for the workaround available anywhere? 

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
40 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I don't know about the iOS app, but on Mac you can adjust the width of the columns by dragging them with the mouse from the edges. Move the mouse around near the title of the column and you'll see it change, click and drag until its the size you want.

For example.

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 6.54.26 PM.png

It doesn't appear that there's an album title option for those columns, unfortunately. Here's the issue I'm running into:

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 2.24.53 PM.png

For albums that I have lots of specific release info after the title, the title is getting cut off. The problem is even worse when I have the metadata pane open, too. This wasn't a problem in 3.2 because the full title was displayed in the bottom pane, along with the tracklist. Now it seems like the only want to see a full album title is to hover over the image of the album in the bottom pane, which is far from ideal.

1 minute ago, RunHomeSlow said:

why not putting all that info in comment field and add that field in the window...

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 8.58.33 PM.png

Haha. That might be a better choice, but I've been doing it this way for too long to rename all of my files. 

More seriously, putting the year in the brackets title causes the releases to order by release date when ordering by title. In most cases, I can also see which edition I'm about to play from the main library pane without clicking through to the comments.