IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Just upgraded to 3.5.4, under Mojave.  I don't see any way to access the Signal Processing section on the audio preferences page for AudioUnits. It's just not there!

The 3.2 method of using the Library menu access to compute Replay Gain appears to be gone (only present when looking at an album's metadata).  And is the sorting ability to modify artist names (i.e., removing "The" from the name) also gone?

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files

I cannot import any playlists that I had in .m3u format.  When I upgraded, all of the earlier ones were empty.  I can export Audirvana playlists in that format, but can't import anything.  Seems that others have the same problem, but I can't find any solution in the thread.  Damien????

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One

In the Playlists, the first column is titled "TRAC" and one more letter can't really ruin the interface, to say "TRACK" (I hope).  I've been manually recreating playlists, because I cannot import playlists from iTunes and my previous playlists were emptied when I had to redo the database to get a missing album to appear.  [SIGH]

20 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

try to modify the column width

track.jpeg

Tried that before, and it didn't work, but now it does.  Thanks.

I still cannot import m3u playlists in 3.5.7.

Exactly!

43 minutes ago, Nico said:

Same here, but more precisely: Playlists.m3u made by iTunes (made by A+ 3.2 works)

Exactly!  When I had to delete the monitored folders to rebuild my Audirvana 3.5.x library, the playlists that existed before were all emptied. And I can't import any playlists from iTunes. Plus I can't see any way to restore the old AudirvanaPlus playlists from a backup.

I can export a .m3u playlist from Audirvana 3.5.x and import it into Audirvana.  An iTunes playlist that is exported has an initial line with "#EXTM3U" which is not present in an Audirvana export.  But removing that line does not fix the importing problem.  Even if I copy over the other content of the iTunes playlist to an Audirvana exported playlist file and save it, I cannot import the edited file.

If I export an Audirvana playlist, then import it to iTunes it plays fine, but if I then export it from iTunes, I cannot import it back into Audirvana (with or without that opening line).

Weird!

Thanks for fixing the iTunes playlist import, Damien!

Next issue: Renaming playlists isn't working well with this new dark mode because after you initiate the name change by choosing "Rename Playlist," the field goes totally dark (i.e., it seems blank but isn't), and it's not until you type a character does the text in the field become visible! Here are screen captures of the first two steps, before typing a character.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 8.29.29 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 8.29.39 PM.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

3.5.10 now doesn't automatically refresh the monitored folders when launched. Before this update, it did find new albums (even if I did not turn on the Setting for rescanning network folders at start). If I add a new album now I have to manually sync the folder location to have Audirvana find the new album. Anyone else see this behavior?

1 hour ago, rodrigaj said:

Yes, I saw it. It was what initially caused my duplication problem which I summarized in post #910.

But I did not have the problem before the 3.5.10 update, and your post appeared earlier than that.

Audirvana doesn't pick up all the artist sorting metadata from iTunes.  I had just gone through setting proper sorts in iTunes before doing the Audirvana 3.5.x update, and had to do about 30% of them over in Audirvana.

Has anyone tried to use True-Fi from Soundworks (preset equalization for specific headphones) together with Audirvana 3.5.x?  I downloaded the trial version, and the application shows up in Audirvana along with other DACs, but I cannot get it it to work with my external Oppo HA-1 DAC/Amp connected via USB. Audirvana gives me a choice of one output target, and the True-Fi support site says only to turn off "Exclusive Access" in Audirvana, but that doesn't work to get signal to the Oppo.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, JML said:

Has anyone tried to use True-Fi from Soundworks (preset equalization for specific headphones) together with Audirvana 3.5.x?  I downloaded the trial version, and the application shows up in Audirvana along with other DACs, but I cannot get it it to work with my external Oppo HA-1 DAC/Amp connected via USB. Audirvana gives me a choice of one output target, and the True-Fi support site says only to turn off "Exclusive Access" in Audirvana, but that doesn't work to get signal to the Oppo.

I got True-Fi to work by turning off the SysOptimizer in Audirvana (in addition to Exclusive Access).

On 6/18/2019 at 9:28 AM, JML said:

I got True-Fi to work by turning off the SysOptimizer in Audirvana (in addition to Exclusive Access).

But True-Fi crashes too frequently, and even Audirvana has crashed when trying to use True-Fi.  The combination even screwed up my computer's other audio output options by causing it to not play any audio from any source without being rebooted, regardless of settings in System Preferences.  [sigh]

• 4 months later...

In 3.5.25, I'm having issues with my new Logitech Master keyboard and Master MX Mouse.  The keyboard controls on my MacBook (Mojave) work fine in Audirvana, but the external keyboard's next and previous keys do not work (the volume mute and level keys do  work).  The mouse buttons are configurable by application, and I can program buttons for volume level, mute, and play/pause, but next and previous do not work in Audirvana (they do work fine with iTunes and Qobuz).

Audirvana has access.  I had a Logitech solar keyboard before, which worked fine.  This new one doesn't!