IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Damien - this is exactly why I stopped using A+.  Complete, stress-inducing BS.  

I'll try to calm down so that I can articulate my frustrations  clearly. ....

1) I simply want to upgrade my A+ software to 3.5.  

2) I need the license code

3) I've lost the license code when I changed computer 

4) I've changed email address since buying the license - so I can't login to 2checkout

5) Audirvana has no contact address 

Damien - please sort this mess out before I lose my mind.

Thank you

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

The BS gets deeper....

I just spoke to to 2checkout - the company that's supposed to be able to retrieve license numbers, according to Audirvana's website.  Well, they politely explained that they can't supply Audirvana license numbers. I should contact Audirvana.

Great, isn't it?

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

8 minutes ago, jimdukey said:

[email protected]

Lighten up Dude.

Do you have any idea how many posts and emails Damien is getting right now?

Thanks Dude. He must be getting a vast amount.  

11 hours ago, Jud said:

Your failure to retain any possible identifiers that would prove you actually purchased the product is someone else's "BS" that they should straighten out? And it has anything whatever to do with why you stopped using it? C'mon.

Apologies in advance for causing what will probably be an argument in this Audirvana thread. My fault, and *not* attributable to Audirvana or Damien.

No apology required Jud and certainly no argument from me.  It’s gratifying to find you still diligently patrolling your beat and holding knuckleheads like me accountable for our foolishness.  I mainly stopped using A+ because I prefer the sound of Roon, but I like to sometimes check in with A+ , when he launches a significant upgrade like this. 

Just gave up trying to use A+ 3.5, instead of Roon.  Used to have it down, switching back and forth between Roon and the old A+.  Knew all the settings etc. no problem.  Not any more.  Spent the past half hour fiddling around, trying this and that.  Where did the manual go? Sure it must be there, somewhere. Nothing worked.... 

I should mention that I’m a microrendu user, so not a direct Mac —>Dac connection.  Which means a few extra steps.  Might try again over the weekend. 

whenever I open up the home screen the columns are all messed up.  the library column on the left is invisible and the filter column on the right is half the entire screen.  first thing I have to do is adjust the screen, every time....wtf?

I'm sure there's a solution - just let me know, thanks

On 5/3/2019 at 8:07 PM, OldBigEars said:

whenever I open up the home screen the columns are all messed up.  the library column on the left is invisible and the filter column on the right is half the entire screen.  first thing I have to do is adjust the screen, every time....wtf?

I'm sure there's a solution - just let me know, thanks

Just wondering if anyone can suggest why - whenever I restart A+ - the left hand side of the page (with the library, Tidal etc) is minimalized?  And the right hand side with the filters is extended to the whole right half of the screen.  So every time I turn on have to reset the home screen settings.

How do you set it so that it opens up in the 'normal way' ?  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Have been listening to 3.5 a lot over the past 24 hours.

With the house to myself, I got down to some extensive comparison testing vs my beloved Roon - for which I have  lifetime membership.  To my shock, I'm finding 3.5 is better.  My music has more presence, more emotion. I love what I'm hearing.  I stay up very late listening to music, entranced.

The only problem.....what appears to be a weird bug with Tidal.  Basically it plays Tidal beautifully - yet my saved Tidal music library appears and then disappears apparently randomly. Has anyone else got a similar problem or solution?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying the sound of 3.5.  The challenge I'm facing is how to play it. My MBP behaves perfectly when I'm using a wireless connection to the network - then microrendu to DAC.  As soon as I plug in an ethernet cord and turn off the wireless it loses connection - no amount of restarting and rebooting works.  Turning back on my wireless reconnects.

1 hour ago, bnbayer said:

Sorry to ask the obvious, but did you go back to Sonic Orbiter on-line and use the Audio App-Switcher to restart MPD/DLNA? And then go to Audirvana and re-select the Rendu as the output? It may see a wireless and wired connection as two different beasts.

For what it's worth, my microRendu is working fine with 3.5.x with a wired connection.

Thanks, I’ll try that and will let you know if that solves it.  Having said that, from what I’ve heard it’s very hard to detect any difference in sq between wired and wireless. If I get connected I’ll mention any improvement. Otherwise, just enjoying the wireless setup.

• 5 months later...

I must be doing something wrong....again 😉

Small question.  Using the latest version of the iPad app with A+ .  Sounds very good.  The app looks nice, but for whatever reason does not display "My Music" in the menu under Tidal.

All I see is

- New

- Rising

- Playlists

- Genres 

Of course, it's My Music I like to use.  The desktop app works fine and shows all.

Anybody know what's up?

Thanks.