IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, beajuju said:

@damien78, Does it means there is no convolution possible in UPnP with Audirvana 3.5.2? Am I wrong ? I use Reverberate Core 2.0 by LiquidSonics.

Yes, you can use it with uPnP; I do it with Reverberate Core as well. Just don't enable real-time control of Audio Units.

If you need to test the effect of DSP on audio you need to find another way. I use JRiver (Mac) on a Macmini locally connected to my DAC. Unfortunately  Audirvana does not allow the plugin to be by-passed  (on local playback) as it cuts the audio to the DAC if you by-pass Reverberate Core.

@damien78, it would be convenient to add selection check boxes next to the audio unit drop-down lists. This way one can enable or disable any audio unit effect without removing it from the list first. It's very inefficient to re-enable the previous audio unit and find the correct settings again.

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, damien78 said:

There is no change on AU configuration between these two versions. But is there anything else that may have changed on your system? AU plug-in update?

Is it the same after a reboot?

Thanks Damien.

Yes, after I deleted Preferences file and reboot. It must be my PC then. I have been playing with Dirac Live beta recently. It installs its own plugin. I will look into it and report back.

26 minutes ago, macuniverse said:

Thanks Damien.

Yes, after I deleted Preferences file and reboot. It must be my PC then. I have been playing with Dirac Live beta recently. It installs its own plugin. I will look into it and report back.

Update: I have deleted Dirac plugin and rebooted PC. No change, it still locks the plugin settings. I can pick but cannot modify them.

I also have A+ 3.2.16 still installed. I tested the same scenarios on 3.2.16 and, to my surprise, it works as expected. So my conclusion is the MacOS audio sub-system is OK.

Damien, hope this helps.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:08 PM, macuniverse said:

I will look into it and report back.

I can edit Audio units now (.17) but  an old bug is back.

I'm streaming to a DLNA renderer (MicroRendu) and if I enable "Realtime Control" audio units are disabled (audio plays but no effects). I realise we cannot "Realtime Control" DLNA streaming yet but, at least, I was expecting the app ignore the setting under these conditions (Inc DSD playback).

Also, @Damien, is it possible to put a "Check Box" next to the Audio Unit dropdown pick lists? This way we can enable/disable certain audio units without setting them up again next time we change our audio chain; something similar to JRiver. Another benefit is some of the plugins' internal enable/disable switches do not work as intended. For example, I use LiquidSonics Reverberate Core convolution engine and when turned off it cuts off the audio completely.

• 5 months later...
On 1/26/2020 at 8:44 PM, biosailor said:

Don't you have this already? In Audio Settings

How about starting with simple fixes? Something like channel balance, time delays, speaker distance settings , crossovers, etc. Plugins you guys mention are quite expensive (more expensive than Audirvana itself) and, in most cases, they are overkill. Their key market is audio mastering/mixing, studio/DAW users.

A good example to have a look is JRiver room correction options. Something similar would be most appreciated.

My 2c

3 minutes ago, Jud said:

REW is free. With that and a $75 calibrated microphone you can optimize your room setup. I don’t know whether you can do equalization for Audirvana with it - anyone know the answer to that?

Yes, you can do that. I, actually, do it myself. REW+Umik-1 USB mic to measure the room FR & IR, DRC Designer Software (Win) to generate FIR filters. You also need a convolution engine to apply the DRC filters in Audirvana. I use Reverberate Core ($39) for this. Very good plugin. I get easily identifiable significant SQ improvements.

However, what you cannot do is your specific channel balance/distance fixes (for example, speaker placement difficulties or if you have some unbalanced L/R hearing issues). JRiver has options to fix these problems (in case Damien is curious).