IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Just got on the beta.  I am kind of liking that we only have Sox available as I never understood the difference from Izotope and I love when the decision is made for me.  But in all seriousness if it has not been developed since 2011 you have to move on but hey maybe eventually it will come back around just like Vinyl records.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

• 2 weeks later...

I am a streaming only user and so for me Audirvana always works well as I do not have library or metadata etc challenges.  I have used it since version 2.x and my only critique is that the software volume control is so so sensitive.  I don't know if it is my particular setup but I have to be very careful with the volume control on both the remote and the mac app.  For example my normal listening volume says -40 Db and the slider is barely off the left hand stopping point.  If I went to -30 it would be too loud.

Can any adjustments in Audrivana help me more easily and safely adjust my volume.  I go dac straight to amp with no preamp.

RIG:  iFi Zen Stream - Benchmark DAC3 L - LA4  AHB2 | Paradigm Sig S6 Cables:  anything available

• 2 weeks later...

If you are not upsampling, does Direct Mode/Integer mode do anything?  Sorry but I am clueless with this stuff but just want to make sure my settings are not hurting me.

I have SoX selected with Custom set to no upsampling.  DIrect Mode is enabled with Integer Mode 1.

11 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Yes direct mode and integer are working but not sox since you don’t upsample to anything

Okay thanks, I checked my settings and I already had upsampling disabled as I read that with Chord DAC's it does not make sense so there I have it.  Thank you for the Direct Mode instructions too.  Was easy and fast.

21 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I have to ask, what are you guys doing that you are having all these problems?

3.5 is running absolutely problem free for me..."

I second that emotion.  I am amused at all the complaints and problems I read about here.  I am happily enjoying my Direct Mode Audirvana Tidal experience.

Is Audirvana going to support Amazon Hi-Res streaming when it is released later this year :D

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

My MBP behaves perfectly when I'm using a wireless connection to the network - then microrendu to DAC.  As soon as I plug in an ethernet cord and turn off the wireless it loses connection - no amount of restarting and rebooting works.  Turning back on my wireless reconnects.

Do you have a network router with access control enabled with a setting that blocks all new devices from connecting to your network?  A wireless and wired connection from the same device will have different MAC addresses so unless you have already allowed the wired connection, the router will see the wired connection as a new device and block it.  Forgetting about doing this on my router has caused many laughable frustrations for myself!

4 hours ago, DPS said:

I am experiencing problems with Audirvana 3.5.  That began with random play...What might be going on?

How much memory are you allocating to the preloading of song files in the Audirvana preferences.  These days 4 GB of ram is almost unusable (even with Macs).  Try lowering that song buffering setting as freezes as you described can be symptomatic of starving the OS of RAM.  

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, watercourse said:

Just did the 3.5.20 update for Tidal - does anyone know what this update included?

I would like to know when Tidal MyMixes can be accessed through A+.

Click on the create a new playlist option from the MyMix.  Only issue is that it is static at that point and to get the current my mix collection you would  have to delete and recreate monthly.   So I had "My mix 1 July, My mix 2 July" etc.

• 2 weeks later...