IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

• 4 weeks later...

@damien78 thank you for access to the Beta.  Unfortunately, I still have the issue on my primary setup in which I have several days worth of duplicate tracks.  Would it be feasible to either expand the contents of the Audio File Locatin field to include the same level displayed under the Location field under Metadata or even have this Location field available as an option?  If this was available I would be able to ideally sort by this field using the /Volumes level and quickly isolate these dupes.  

My my drive is a locally connected drive - Thunderbolt.  Taking a closer look at some of these files as I write this this additional feature would clear-up some but not all of them.  It is getting a wee bit more complicated since I re-enabled.  Check for dupe option??

As mentioned before, I make use of my Playlists as my primary source for the Play Queue.  It would be nice to clean-up the library though. 

Lastly, any possibilities of implementing some form of album mixing??  If not within the player using the remote?

On 4/6/2019 at 3:10 PM, Serpieri said:

@damien78 thank you for access to the Beta.  Unfortunately, I still have the issue on my primary setup in which I have several days worth of duplicate tracks.  Would it be feasible to either expand the contents of the Audio File Locatin field to include the same level displayed under the Location field under Metadata or even have this Location field available as an option?  If this was available I would be able to ideally sort by this field using the /Volumes level and quickly isolate these dupes.  

My my drive is a locally connected drive - Thunderbolt.  Taking a closer look at some of these files as I write this this additional feature would clear-up some but not all of them.  It is getting a wee bit more complicated since I re-enabled.  Check for dupe option??

As mentioned before, I make use of my Playlists as my primary source for the Play Queue.  It would be nice to clean-up the library though. 

Lastly, any possibilities of implementing some form of album mixing??  If not within the player using the remote?

Alternatively, is there a way to keep the current version of Audirvana from syncing my folders as soon as the library migration/upgrade is done?

7 hours ago, gLer said:

Hi guys - silly question but how do you computer ReplayGain for new albums in 3.5? In 3.2x it was a simple top menu choice but this seems to have disappeared? Thanks.

Click on the Speaker icon in the bottom right; select your output; expand the Audio Volume section at the bottom if it is not already; select Albums ReplayGain.

7 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Hi Damien,

1) Repeating my DSD question.  With method one, from a folder on an external hard drive, all my DSD imports appear twice in A+ 3.5.  How can I fix this?

2) In Library, album view, my albums are not in alphabetical order.  They appear very randomly.  How can I fix that?

Thanks.

I'm very curious about your duplicate files.  Does the File Location field show a slightly different volume path to the file or are they exactly the same?  As previously mentioned I have several days worth of duplicate tracks - a 27 days and change Library is now 36 days and change.  Originally these were distinctive by the slightly different and false volume location.  Since the upgrade many of these same duplicates are now showing the correct path to a single file.

3 hours ago, DancingSea said:

I’m unsure how to check this.  Hopefully Damien will be so kind to address the duplicate issue.  For me, every dsd album is duplicated. 

Change your view from Albums to Tracks.  The Audio File Location is a field you can choose from within the Track view by right-mouse clicking - located down at the bottom of the list.  Probably best viewed by choosing View, Show Metadata where it is listed near the top AND permits you to click on the folder icon.  If found it should open the Finder window where the file is.

I've gone a wee bit further with my duplicate file issue which predates the current version of the software:  

Removed all volumes from the Library; restarted the application once the removal of the volumes was done; found that there was over 9 days worth of music in the Library section of the player with no volumes listed.  However, I was able to play these files;  Highlighted and deleted all these files until there were zero left; closed the application once more before opening and proceeded adding my volumes (all from the same locally connected disk).

I have done all this before and know that I will lose the contents of my playlists - these are my primary source for queuing my music so already made a recent export of them to seek to import.  Sadly, again knowing what I had already attempted in the past.  As I write this I know I still need to take more steps to confirm the volume listing in the playlist exports as several files are reported not found or an entire playlist (my true primary of over 21 days worth of music) fails completely.

i committed to being an Audirvana Library person once it was available and have no intentions of going anywhere else - fight the good fight to get things cleaned up.  At least for now I will role my library back to having those extra 9 days of music to continue to enjoy my playlists.  I will more than likely create a new folder as a new source for any new music - it has been too long, and see how this goes.

Damien, much love for you and all that you do = )

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, damien78 said:

I've just released 3.5.8 with few fixes:

• Fix filters view incorrect width moving other views

• Fix iTunes playlists import

• Fix multichannel Audio Unit processing

Always appreciated, Damien.  I've been meaning to report this as I believe this got changed a couple of releases ago but wanted to install the latest version in the event it was addressed indirectly.  

The Sort Criteria order is locked in Ascending.  Even when you seek to choose Descending - attempted from both my primary setup at home as well as from my work setup.  No joy.  At least until the music in queue continues. = )

Please confirm when you can.  Thank you. 

• 1 month later...

I am on the verge of starting my Audirvana Library from scratch.  I have long since broken the connection to iTunes and been an A+ library user since this option became available.  I am a big playlist user - the primary source of my Play Queue.  I just did a quick test of creating a test playlist; copied my entire library over into it; exported the playlist; deleted the playlist from the Playlists section; sought to do an import of the exported playlist and received nothing.  No errors of an kind and, even after closing out of  Audirvana and opening it again nothing.

The content of my library is once again without days (9) of duplicate/ghost tracks.  If I could only import my playlists without having to re-create them from scratch, as I was about to do before this failed test.  Any ideas/suggestions to move forward?

3 hours ago, odelay said:

I have had similar issues - I think with all 3.5x versions. Some smart playlists import, whilst others don’t. Some were saved as m3u and others m3u8 - but some of each import, whilst others don’t. Even new smart playlists that I create in 3.5.12 are not importing. 

Due to an increasing number of duplicates, I have just created a new library file. I am able to import a little under half of all my playlists. (I have about ~50-odd, grouped into about 8 folders... some with extensive criteria.) 

3.5.12 was initially crashing repeatedly upon waking up. Perhaps my old library was corrupted (I had used all the maintenance tools). Fingers crossed with the new library. (I’ll send crash reports if that doesn’t fix it). 

Thanks for the updates Damien. I can’t wait for updates to the IOS remote 🙂

I too have recently been playing with a new library on my primary setup seeking to correct issues.  As things stand, no duplicate files (primary reason for this); no deleted tracks listed (an added bonus); no playlists - expected.  As previously mentioned when I started this process I created a new playlist; added all my music to it; exported it; deleted then sought to import it using the two options. No errors; no playlist; nadah. 

I tried a couple more things with my new and existing playlist exports.  Seeking to import them using 3.2.16 yields that several thousand files cannot be found but no details.  I found that VLC allows the import of .M3U8 files.  The growing list of errors shows a list of files:

which end up being false positives:

Prior to writing this I deleted my preferences from Terminal Damien and others recommended.  I have a way back that I can live with without too much bother.  Just looking for a way forward with all good things above - no duplicates, etc. with my playlists intact. 

9460192D-CB01-4BF9-B6D6-7CAF80181ED9.jpeg

D7E713F1-9E32-47F2-95FC-B1EEF14FC9FE.jpeg

86F3F338-4517-4857-9C93-9D7D72C006A5.jpeg

2 hours ago, RunHomeSlow said:

The biggest bug for me is still present and it this a dangerous one for speaker tweeters and an  annoying one...

When any PCM song is playing and i click to change the song to any DSD one i have, a loud switching sound burst for a fraction if a second. This sound can damage for sure tweeters if i listen very loud. It does not do that with JRiver nor HQPlayer. It is repeatable always... there must be something Audirvana is not doing with that transition from PCM to DSD while playing ?

I play my song as regular as they are, no plugins, no upsampling... it just do that with Audirvana, it was happening also in 3.2.x version but i can’t remember when it switch doing that, was not happening in older version i think.

I gather you have Mute During Sample Rate Change under Low Level Playback Options enabled?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2019 at 9:36 PM, mitch751 said:

Is there a way to compute albums ReplayGain for group albums as what we do on A+3.2 ?

If you have not found it already, click on the Audio Settings icon (the speaker) on the bottom right; scroll down to the Audio Volume section at the bottom. Album ReplayGain is there. 

19 hours ago, Jozurr said:

Does audirvana only allow 2 monitored folders? If I try to add a third monitored folder (option 1) one of the previous folders gets replaced

I only make use of a single hard drive for my setups but have 5 folders on this drive selected in Audirvana for distinct monitoring.

1 hour ago, Giacomino said:

Hi, many times it happens to me that Audirvana pauses by itself at the end of the track at about 8-9 seconds and I have to manually go to the next track, does it happen to you too? I have the latest version.

I have seen this issue with my work setup which plays music 24/7 in which a track from select albums - repeatable time and time again to be the same set of albums only when there is no interaction with the player.  As soon as I go back/forward, etc. and play the same track it plays through fully and continues to whatever is next in the play queue until it comes across the next song of the next album with the similar issue.  Not repeatable as yet on my home (primary setup).

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to check to see what files listed in your library do not have an actual audio file to actually play?  I know this runs contrary to how the library should work.  However, I have run across at least four instances of this where the Metadata is present yet the actual file - when I click on the folder icon for the Location field, is not present.  I am trying to track them all down in order to fill these holes.  Skip Count was my first thought but all of these with high numbers ended up being false positives.

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2019 at 3:38 PM, audiocanyon said:

Ok, this is probably a really dumb question. When I select a playlist on my mac, there is a "select all" link that plays all of the albums/tracks in my playlis, and I can randomize them if I choose.  On my iphone remote, I haven't figured out how to "select all" for a selected playlist.  Is this possible?

The only way to select all from within the remote at the moment is to change your view from album to song list using the icon in the upper right of the screen.  You will see the option near the bottom within the list presented by pressing the ellipsis.

• 8 months later...
On 5/12/2020 at 7:44 AM, jos said:

This is what Damien wrote on his support site...; any experience out there already?

I certainly want to do the hard work to solve this and want to thank Damien for making it possible.

I guess it was not an easy job 🛠

Hello Everyone,

In the last release of Audirvana (3.5.34) we made a fix about those duplicates.

First, you have to delete your Audirvana database to create a new one because the old database will still have the incorrect link stored. That said you will have to export your playlist in order to not loose them, I know It will be long for some of you but we don’t have a choice.

To delete your Audirvana database you need close Audirvana and search it in the Finder:

Open its Go menu

Pressing the option (or alt) key, and maintain it pressed. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu. 

Click on this Library command

In the Finder window that opens, navigate into Application Support, then Audirvana

You’ll find there the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

After delete it you will have to create a new one after starting Audirvana again. You then need to add synchronized folder in Audirvana settings.

In the end you will not have duplicates and if it’s the case again, feel free to share it on the forum.

Glad to see that I am now able to import most of my exported playlists into my Redo database build.  However, I am still having the same issue - the import process appears to run then closes with no message/response, against my primary playlist.  Prior to the most recent release this would occurring against the full set.  I wish there was a way to actually see what is causing the problem over the screen simply closing with no result/response. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...