IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

On 7/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, DPS said:

Too much open on your desktop for the amount of System RAM.  Close the other programs.  May take a reboot to clear the memory.  This has worked for me

+1. I had seen an occasional stall where the next song wouldn't advance. Thought it was my internet connection. Turned out that killing some open applications on an Penryn MacBook Pro, early 2008 was the solution.

(6 GB RAM)

Boy is Audirvana 3.5 great on my big rig. 

• 2 months later...

Problem with Audirvana 3.5.20 not connecting to Qobuz. Saw this problem for the first time a few days ago but it logged in to Qobuz fine after a restart. Now nothing. A song loaded locally plays perfectly fine. Just nothing from Qobuz, no lists on the left, nada.

Running Mojave on an old MacBook Pro laptop. Not sure what can be done to get Audirvana connecting again. None of Qobuz is loading. The Qobuz app is working on the computer. Previously both Qobuz and Tidal worked just fine. 

Now at startup of Audirvana, Qobuz says its connected but logging out and back in produces nothing.

What to do?

1 hour ago, Da Horsey said:

Problem with Audirvana 3.5.20 not connecting to Qobuz. Saw this problem for the first time a few days ago but it logged in to Qobuz fine after a restart. Now nothing. A song loaded locally plays perfectly fine. Just nothing from Qobuz, no lists on the left, nada.

Running Mojave on an old MacBook Pro laptop. Not sure what can be done to get Audirvana connecting again. None of Qobuz is loading. The Qobuz app is working on the computer. Previously both Qobuz and Tidal worked just fine. 

Now at startup of Audirvana, Qobuz says its connected but logging out and back in produces nothing.

What to do?

A search in the Audirvana menu bar allows you to find an artist or album and play it and like it.

After that it's thee end. No idea what is happening. Can't get back the screen loading Qobuz. 

(Also couldn't edit the above post again.)

17 hours ago, Da Horsey said:

What to do?

=====

Went back to page one and verified backup and new install procedures. Started from scratch and reinstalled a clean version of 3.5.20 after removing the Audirvana system files. Thankfully, everything is working fine now. Not sure what occurred but the oddities are gone.

Really love the quality of Audirvana 3.5. Thank you Damien. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, bobbmd said:

anyone having problems with A+3.5 today in USA?

keep having to relog into TIDAL and Qobuz repeatedly and if i play a playlist of mine in either one only plays one song or two then stops doesn't crash but have to restart it repeatedly

Not seeing any issue with Qobuz last few hours. I'm playing albums so maybe you have some issue there.

• 5 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 7:52 PM, kbuzz said:

Hello all I’m new to this topic and could use a little rookie help.  I’m looking for streamer in the $500 range that I can use with audivana.  Is there a preferred unit? 

I run an older Mac now with long interconnects to my dac across the room.   I’d like to eliminate the wires and if possible not have to use the cpu.  Maybe running something on an iPad.  This may be “AV remote” but I’m not sure,   

I’d also like to have an usb out for my usb only dac, and a usb in to play some stored files.    

The  project stream box appears to check these boxes, but perusing this thread I’ve seen some users have issues with it and AV. 

Any thoughts maybe a used Mac mini ? 

thanks in advance for any non DIY options. 

thanks 

You can use a mac mini and it will be fine. Or if you have a TV with audio optical out, you can piggyback off of an Amazon Fire and it will carry the signal just fine using wireless. 

You can control it from Audirvana and listen up to 96K for all your music. I do this with a high end tube mono block system and it's very underrated and sadly not known. 

All it requires is that you keep the TV "on" and it will also project the album cover to it while the music signal goes from your computer via wireless to the Amazon Fire out to your input via tousling.

An Amazon Firestick goes for about $30. 

Can tell you the quality will be there. I upgraded my tube monoblocks recently and the quality of the upgrade is carried right along with it. (I'm listening right now as I type this.)

It's also nice to be able to manage volume control from Audirvana while streaming.

IMG_0487.JPG