IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

17 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Maybe I missed this in the 25 pages of this thread, but was does the "delete" function do, does it only remove the track from the library (meaning that the next sync will pick it up again), or does it also move the underlying file to the trash?

Audirvana Trash!

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Well, of course, this is subjective.  But over in the Amarra thread, there has been an observation about A+ for years that its too bright compared to Amarra.  Of course, Amarra has a long list of its own sins, but to a certain contingent, A+ has always leaned bright.  And yes, system variables make it a less than precise observation.

SoX solved this brightness, Izotope was unlistenable for me, I only returned to listen to Audirvana after SoX...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mikeypas said:

Is there a way to disable the audirvana sound so that it is controlled entirely by the DAC (like the idsd nano?). I tried versions 3.2 and 3.5 with same result.

Audirvana menu, audio settings, last control is for disable software volume control!

Sem Título.png

35 minutes ago, mikeypas said:

Yes as I indicated I already tried that. 

With the other dac, the volume control was greyed out. With this new one, even with the software volume disabled, it’s always still adjustable. 

1) With built-in output selected the volume is available!

2) With my Oppo DAC the volume doesn't appear...

1.png

2.png

20 hours ago, bnbayer said:

It's also active on my system, although it is turned off in Preferences. I'm using a microRendu via ethernet, so no USB connection. Perhaps Audirvana thinks this is like the Built-In output? (This just happened with the last update - it blew me over the back of my chair when the music started at a much higher volume than it had been before...)

Very strange...

• 6 months later...
12 hours ago, mkrzych said:

Does 3.2 version use SoX?

SoX sounds way better than Izotope!

Possible, anyway gives me some fake assurance of INT on El Capitan ;-) For the rest of my questions, really struggling since I like 3.2 UI way better, just wanted to know if any significant changes or better improvements to the sound core of the software.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 1:59 PM, Dandaman said:

I just wanted to say that I am very pleased with 3.5.  Once I tweaked the audio settings to 99.5/30000/99/67 and set upsampling to DSD256 using B(6th order) I had sound every bit as good and actually superior to the older version.  About the only quibble I have is that many times when I do a search & make a selection, the "<" back button does not take me back to the results of the search.  But I'm overall quite happy with 3.5.28 .

For me best result is 99.5/30000/99/100 and set upsampling to DSD256 using C!

3 hours ago, Dandaman said:

I tried your settings & some in between my 67 & your 100 on phase (plus modulator at C) & after 2-3 hours ended up right back where I was.  I guess my mileage varies.  🙂

I will try my settings with B (6th order) and let you know!

Btw, the sound quality of this DSD128 album is unbelievable:

https://www.highdeftapetransfers.com/products/duke-ellington-indigos

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...