IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

5 minutes ago, Jud said:

Wonder if he ever got it working?

Wow, Jud ... that was more than 3 years ago!  I never did get it working. 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

2 hours ago, Jud said:

I'm just wondering if there is something in the Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter that prevents this from working. Have you tried with just an Ethernet cable?

I doubt whether my difficulty getting it to work was due to use of a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter.  It's more likely that I'm just not proficient enough on the MacOS/OSX platform or the instructions are incomplete.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sockpit said:

Im getting frequent sudden loud static bursts

I had a similar problem years ago.  A+ was trying to play beyond the point in the track for which it had received data, so it was playing garbage.  I was able to see this from the bars displaying the play position vs buffered data.  I haven't used A+ in a long time so I don't know whether A+ still has these indicators.  Damien was able to figure it out once I sent him a recording of the screen activity.

Of course, I can't say whether this is what's happening in your case.  I'm just suggesting something that may account for the static bursts.

My experience was with the DAC directly attached to a MBP running A+.  Your configuration with a streamer and UPnP means the buffer underrun could occur on either the A+ host or the streamer.