IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Streaming, so no Direct Mode (Direct Mode is Damien's custom DAC driver for Mac, and where the two aren't directly connected, the driver isn't used).

Ok...  But.  The Direct Mode was a feature of the Mac OS that Apple stopped implementing that is then reimplemented by replacing a kext file with the kext file from an older version of Mac OS where this was still allowed. All Damien did was take advantage of it. There was a time when many players were.

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, damien78 said:

Where?

In Qobuz curated lists, they are delivered directly by Qobuz in their own curated order.

To sort your own playlists, go to the settings page, "sort criteria" section, and enable the "sort my streaming playlists" option

For your favorite albums in qobuz, unfortunately qobuz servers do not offer to retrieve the favorite albums sorted (unlike TIDAL). I'll look for doing it manually in the application in an upcoming release.

In my Favorites. It must be possible, ROON has all of them ordered properly. But ROON doesn't sound this good via a direct connection to the DAC from the computer...

No electron left behind.

6 minutes ago, damien78 said:

As I said, as qobuz servers are missing this feature, it must be done "manually" by the client application.

BTW, what do you think of having all your favorites, whatever the source (local, streaming) in the same view?

I think it is great, it makes browsing much easier, as well as keeping track of which albums I own and which are streaming so I don't end up buying an album, again.

I am really liking the new A+ though, good work! Sounds great too, as usual.

edit: I just learned I can resize the columns manually and view the PDF in the player! Awesome.

Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 1.27.27 AM.png

No electron left behind.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, axle_69 said:

All good except... have to agree with tobes, there is less real estate, too much wasted space and some fonts are too big and don't work well with retina displays scaled to half the physical resolution. And that blue theme, the background of the albums shouts at you, maybe should be darker and greyish, definitely much worse than the old grey.

There is an option to change the theme to a lighter version.

Screen Shot 2019-04-25 at 6.31.19 PM.png

No electron left behind.

2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

I’ve also found the remote to be hit and miss when it comes to connecting. 

And the doubling of the dsd’s in my library remains unresolved. 

I just had an idea, are you by chance monitoring the same location, twice, in Audirvana? 

No electron left behind.

21 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

I do, but Method 2 is just for iTunes.  My DSD’s are in a different folder.  But on the same drive.  Any ideas?  

disable method 2, and just add your iTunes destination to Method 1.  Like I said though, I am just making wild guesses.

I have my iTunes music folder set as my destination in Method 1, it works great.

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 8:41 AM, Andrey said:

An interesting feature of version 3.5.11, the library shows that both drives are off. However, the music sounds as if nothing had happened.

Снимок экрана 2019-06-09 в 16.35.57.png

Had you restarted the computer? I ask because is it possible the album was still in RAM? This is really weird.

No electron left behind.