IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2019 at 3:09 AM, Betty said:

.... I can export playlist but cannot import playlist... I would like to know if any of the other users experience the same problem or just me... 

Regards,

BG

I have had similar issues - I think with all 3.5x versions. Some smart playlists import, whilst others don’t. Some were saved as m3u and others m3u8 - but some of each import, whilst others don’t. Even new smart playlists that I create in 3.5.12 are not importing. 

Due to an increasing number of duplicates, I have just created a new library file. I am able to import a little under half of all my playlists. (I have about ~50-odd, grouped into about 8 folders... some with extensive criteria.) 

3.5.12 was initially crashing repeatedly upon waking up. Perhaps my old library was corrupted (I had used all the maintenance tools). Fingers crossed with the new library. (I’ll send crash reports if that doesn’t fix it). 

Thanks for the updates Damien. I can’t wait for updates to the IOS remote 🙂

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

On 6/15/2019 at 1:51 PM, odelay said:

.... Some smart playlists import, whilst others don’t...

Just to report back to say that creating a new library file appears to have removed the duplicates in the library file and allowed me to import all my playlists. 

I have yet to do a thorough search for duplicates, but many of the problem albums at the top of my library seem fine (touch wood). 

3.5.12 seems stable so far... but only been building new library so far. 

The prior issues I had with memory seems to be fixed too. 

So too is the annoying one when the last few seconds of an occasional song were cut off.

Merck Damien for the update 🙏

TF cards - USB  -> GentooPlayer in RAM on Rpi4b, Ian’s PurePi II, FIFO Q7, HDMI-pro  -> Audio GD R-27 -> S.A.T. Infinity monoblocks -> Gallo Stradas + TR-3 sub / Erzetich Phobos

• 2 months later...
On 8/27/2019 at 4:01 AM, Rezseeker said:

HI Damien,

I've been hoping someone on the board would have some advice. The situation's in limbo now so could you can tell me if this is a known issue and a fix is in your plans or if those of us with the issue should get started with rebuilding our playlists.

Thanks!

I have been able to import old playlists by adding “.m3u8” to the file name - but may work using “.m3u” too? (I never used iTunes). 

I had spent some time making new playlists in 3.5, before finding this trick... 

Hope that helps others. 

• 1 month later...

Merci for the remote update, Damien 🙏

As one of many who run a headless set up, the less I have to use a VNC, the better. 

Being able to edit playlists would be enormously helpful. 

Future updates that I would be grateful for: 

1. Being able to add full albums to the end of the playlist queue (like the old version)

2. Edit criteria for smart playlists (add, edit or delete criteria)

3. Editing metadata (at least for album artists, album titles and genres)

... but maybe I’m the only one..?

14 hours ago, JohnM73 said:

....What’s happened to being able to have all albums displayed under Genre headings? That’s how I chiefly viewed and navigated my library, and without the ability to list albums by genre - or have the option to select a certain genre....

Whilst I never used the browsing features, I too primarily pick albums (rarely if ever tracks) from genres. However, I’ve created about 20+ smart playlists based on genres (another 60-odd based on albums and artists). 

Hard for Damien and co. to cater for all our different ... ‘play-flows’. 

Hopefully, the new remote can be developed over time. 🙂

• 2 months later...

Seasons greetings to all 🎄🙂

I have been really enjoying the sound I'm getting from 3.5+.

However, I have struggled with persistent duplicates (on Sierra). I thought I had solved this by adding new files whilst Audirvana is shut down, but alas... Creating new libraries every few weeks seems to help, but new duplicates (of old files) continue popping up.. or perhaps, it takes a few weeks to spot them (usually doubling of tracks within an album, but sometimes a doubling of albums)... Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

As upsampling to DSD and hardware came up, does anyone think there would be much to gain by upgrading my 2010 Mac mini? 

My  8gb of RAM, booted to an SD card (Audirvana running from RAM disk) works. However, it does struggle upsampling to DSD 128... but it generally works...  (max for my DAC that’s limited to 384KHz).

Being the bankrupt Scrooge that I am, I’m considering a Hackintosh option. 

I may also try moving back to Windows-land ... so I may upsample to DSD 256 (max for DAC), boot from RAM... but was still recovering from the trauma of living with XP through the decade of my uni years... eek. I am curious about Linux, though. Damien - any plans to release a Linux version? 🤞🙃🙏 

I have been considering something like this: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Newest-Fanless-Mini-PC-with-8th_60824344126.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.5da32287JK2DFN

However, I would ideally want one with two LAN ports (as I go direct to an ultraRegen) and an SD card reader... but presume I could use USB adapters (like I do now for the mini’s second LAN port). 

May the music bring the holiday cheer to all and sundry 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

I think i have sorted my duplicates issue. 

It was my NAS, not Audirvana that was responsible. 

Someone from Damien’s team suggested it might be related to my Synology. 

After chasing a number of red herrings, it was re-indexing my ‘music’ folder that seemed to fix it. 

If you think you might have this issue: 

1. Go to Control Panel > Indexing Service > Media Indexing....
  2. https://www.synology.com/en-uk/knowledgebase/DSM/help/DSM/AdminCenter/application_mediaindexservice_general

Thanks to those there who offered suggestions - and to the smart cookie from Audirvana who made me google for three days 🙏

Apologies for not being clear. 

As bnbayer noted, I was indeed referring to the Control Panel in Synology's DSM. 

I found a number of actual duplicates using Synology's (free) Storage Analyser app. 

I also freed 1.8tb of phantom space by removing SynologyDrive - yay! 

I certainly feel feel relieved to got that sorted... it was driving me up the wall. I certainly hope others suffering from that kind of issue can find their cure soon 🙏

3 hours ago, bnbayer said:

Hey, odelay - I......When I saw your note, a lightbulb went on... went into Synology DSM, tried re-indexing, and what do you know? No more duplicates! So, thanks for the tip - I really need to spend more time with the Synology apps. There's real power there.

Glad that worked for you there!

i am a complete dunce with this stuff... I bought this Synology as my first NAS about 6mths back... so still figuring out which way is up... (on that note, it is actually sideways..)