T-Bone

ISO Regen & Chord Qutest Incompatibility

Rate this topic

I've used my LPS powered ISO Regen with my Singxer/Holo Spring DAC for a long time.  ...and have been happy with the results.

I recently upgraded to Chord Qutest.  I can't get the Qutest to work w/ the ISO Regen in USB signal path.  The Quest only works when its USB input is plugged directly into the PC.  

Any advice?

On a whim, I decided to replace the USPCB board with a 6" USB cable and the DAC connected immediately.

I tried swapping the USPCB in/out with both the VBUS switch on and off.  It didn't make a difference.  Replacing the USPCB with a cable was the only way to make things work. 

So why would the USPCB board make a difference?

3 hours ago, T-Bone said:

On a whim, I decided to replace the USPCB board with a 6" USB cable and the DAC connected immediately.

I tried swapping the USPCB in/out with both the VBUS switch on and off.  It didn't make a difference.  Replacing the USPCB with a cable was the only way to make things work. 

So why would the USPCB board make a difference?

Likely that the USPCB failed. I had one fail. Due to the nature of the unit any flexing can cause a crack or the switch failed.

I spoke to Alex.  He had me conduct a couple of tests that proved my ISO REGEN was not functioning correctly and I needed to send it in for repair.