IGNORED

Do you like searching for new music and artists?

5 hours ago, Paul R said:

Never had understood those who only keep a few hundred tracks in their collection. There is so much to enjoy!

Like that old Rosalind Russell movie quote:

“Life is a buffet...and most poor bastards are starving to death.”

Consume all the music you can! :)

Ok. I put it in a more direct way, for those who are not able or not willing to understand. There are hundreds of excellent albums of Mozart only. The same with Bach, Beethoven, Mahler, Brahms, Bruckner, Schubert, etc. Only Goldberg Var. are available today in more than one hundred performances, many from which are excellent. And, operas of Wagner, Richard Strauss, Verdi and Puccini. More than 100 albums of Keith Jarrett. Tens and tens of awesome recordings of Coltrane, Miles, Monk, Mingus. Great catalogue of ECM. Several hundreds recordings of Grateful Dead live concerts. Milestone recordings of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull, Zappa, Bowie. I can continue with names, but I hope my thought is easily understandable. I am listening to all this for ages and I will and want to continue with the best. I have no time and intention to check the "artists" who are making weak and laughable attempts to be recognized by couple of friends or a bunch of freaks. This is not my buffet, sorry.

6 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Ok. I put it in a more direct way, for those who are not able or not willing to understand. There are hundreds of excellent albums of Mozart only. The same with Bach, Beethoven, Mahler, Brahms, Bruckner, Schubert, etc. Only Goldberg Var. are available today in more than one hundred performances, many from which are excellent. And, operas of Wagner, Richard Strauss, Verdi and Puccini. More than 100 albums of Keith Jarrett. Tens and tens of awesome recordings of Coltrane, Miles, Monk, Mingus. Great catalogue of ECM. Several hundreds recordings of Grateful Dead live concerts. Milestone recordings of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull, Zappa, Bowie. I can continue with names, but I hope my thought is easily understandable. I am listening to all this for ages and I will and want to continue with the best. I have no time and intention to check the "artists" who are making weak and laughable attempts to be recognized by couple of friends or a bunch of freaks. This is not my buffet, sorry.

LOL!  Okay, I will put it in a more direct way too.  Your thinking is fine, but your judgement on all those poor freaks making music out there is more than a little harsh.  Might try a little side dish of the new stuff once in a while - you may even  find you even like it. Still, not for everyone. So long as you are grooving on your tunes, whatever they may be.  ;)

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

6 minutes ago, Paul R said:

LOL!  Okay, I will put it in a more direct way too.  Your thinking is fine, but your judgement on all those poor freaks making music out there is more than a little harsh.  Might try a little side dish of the new stuff once in a while - you may even  find you even like it. Still, not for everyone. So long as you are grooving on your tunes, whatever they may be.  ;)

-Paul

You do not know how many artists I am listen from those you never heard about. Do you familiar with Indian music, for example? Nikhil Banerjee or Vilayat Khan or tens of others, for example? Are you familiar with La Monte Young? How many African artists you familiar with? Believe me, I can give much more examples. 

And yes, I could be harsh to those who made stupid remarks about "one recording". Or "one hundred tracks". Have a good day.

17 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

You do not know how many artists I am listen from those you never heard about. Do you familiar with Indian music, for example? Nikhil Banerjee or Vilayat Khan or tens of others, for example? Are you familiar with La Monte Young? How many African artists you familiar with? Believe me, I can give much more examples. 

And yes, I could be harsh to those who made stupid remarks about "one recording". Or "one hundred tracks". Have a good day.

Same is true buddy - you have no idea how many artists I listen to and/or support you have never heard of. Jason Boland perhaps?  Maybe Ahbi the Nomad?  Cross Canadian Ragweed?  How about Dehli 2 Dublin? (shrug). 

If you have a digital library and you only keep a few hundred tracks in it, as some people around here do, then you don't have a very wide choice to listen to. Not sure why you take offense at that, I assume you have a much larger library if you listen to as much music as you do. Or have access to a large library, like Qobuz. No offense was intended.  

Enjoy the music. 

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

8 minutes ago, Paul R said:

Same is true buddy - you have no idea how many artists I listen to and/or support you have never heard of. Jason Boland perhaps?  Maybe Ahbi the Nomad?  Cross Canadian Ragweed?  How about Dehli 2 Dublin? (shrug). 

If you have a digital library and you only keep a few hundred tracks in it, as some people around here do, then you don't have a very wide choice to listen to. Not sure why you take offense at that, I assume you have a much larger library if you listen to as much music as you do. Or have access to a large library, like Qobuz. No offense was intended.  

Enjoy the music. 

-Paul 

Thank you. The only thing I was trying to tell initially, life is too short to ignore great things while chasing mediocre, just because time does not permit both. Of course, it is my opinion, everybody are more than welcome to have their own opinions and to act accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...