AudioDoctor

Do you like searching for new music and artists?

Rate this topic

If you said yes, have I got a website, and app, for you.

Hypemachine goes around the net and gathers music from up and coming artists and collates it for you, then, lets you listen to it! Sure, the music isn't in lossless quality, but its a great starting place, and you may not hear these artists anywhere else yet. Bonus, you can brag to your friends you knew them before they made it big...

The app that lets you interact with this is called Plug which at the moment may only be available for Mac. I'm not sure if that's the case or if it just directs me to the Mac version because I am on a Mac.

Here I am listening to two local artists Lizzo and Caroline Smith.

Screen Shot 2019-03-05 at 7.20.28 PM.png

Hype Machine, eh?

I'd like a robot that tells me if certain releases sound a lot better than others - of the same music I already own & like...

e.g MFSL vs. various Cd releases vs. SACD etc.

I DO pay some attention to whose kid in New Orleans is doing what ...

otherwise I just wait for something to become a classic

but Thx for link!

I have not enough time to listen all the recordings of Mozart available today. Or Grateful Dead's. Could not imagine I would have a reason to check tons of not emerged yet artists.

Although 'new' sometimes means decades old to me, I do like to search for new music and artists.

To put it simply - I'm an..

image.png.4833ab8bbb3384eb6f2c224281793ba8.png

It is a common issue which pertains not to music only. While we can not stop the search of new treasures we have no time to cherish what we have in hands now, had and will have always.

2 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

It is a common issue which pertains not to music only. While we can not stop the search of new treasures we have no time to cherish what we have in hands now, had and will have always.

And, I thought I was the only one with this ailment.  I see an album in a thread at audiophilesstyle.com and look it up on allmusic.com or iTunes.  If it appeals to me, I purchase it.  Sometimes I find I already have the album and have not played it in a year or two.  Many times, I enjoy the artist and decide to create a playlist, allmusic.com and iTunes Essentials have great suggestions for playlist(s).  This leads me to purchase even more iTunes or Amazon songs. Finally, on Sunday, Facebook had a salute to Miles Davis Birth of the Cool.  That lead me to watch the movie Miles Ahead, not a great movie, I had most of his songs in the soundtrack, but purchased it anyways,  My collection continues to grow.

plug.com allows you to just play it in the background and either skip it of it's horrendous, or figure out who it is if you like it. It's not that hard. It would get boring listening to the same music all the time.

7 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

plug.com allows you to just play it in the background and either skip it of it's horrendous, or figure out who it is if you like it. It's not that hard. It would get boring listening to the same music all the time.

I couldn't find plug.com?

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

Almost all unknown music sounds the same. Maybe because it is an imitation of more known pieces?

1 hour ago, cambridgehank said:

I couldn't find plug.com?

Sorry, its plugformac.com I don't know if they have a windows version.

23 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Almost all unknown music sounds the same. Maybe because it is an imitation of more known pieces?

So you have one album in your house?

Just now, AudioDoctor said:

So you have one album in your house?

Is it difficult to read or is it difficult to understand? Please specify, I will try to see what I can do.

1 hour ago, AnotherSpin said:

Is it difficult to read or is it difficult to understand? Please specify, I will try to see what I can do.

basically, what I understood is, if you hear one album, and if all unknown music sounds the same, then you need only listen to that one album because all the rest sounds the same.

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

basically, what I understood is, if you hear one album, and if all unknown music sounds the same, then you need only listen to that one album because all the rest sounds the same.

Try to read again post #7 in the tread. Feel free to ask if something is still not clear.

2 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

I think you may underestimate my appreciation for my music collection and the ability to enjoy it, my friend.

I can not know about you, but my day is 24 hours only. 

@AudioDoctor I thought about bringing this to @The Computer Audiophile's attention for wider reaching purposes.  However, as you noted, at the moment this is targeted at one county in one state.  Glad you appreciated it.  

@AnotherSpin Good to see you back in fine form cajoling us young whippersnappers into shape.  The amount of restraint you've been showing lately had me worried.  I think the internet is not always capable of properly intoning the wizened message you are imparting when highly diplomatic statements are not the word of the day.  :)

4 minutes ago, rando said:

[...]

@AnotherSpin Good to see you back in fine form cajoling us young whippersnappers into shape.  The amount of restraint you've been showing lately had me worried.  I think the internet is not always capable of properly intoning the wizened message you are imparting when highly diplomatic statements are not the word of the day.  :)

No intention of cajoling, merely an invitation to see the things from more than one angle. Appreciate your concern, I was away from wi-fi for some periods of time during winter.

Cajoling wasn't quite the right word. 

The limited ideas and forms displayed in popular music are not always readily apparent to those standing in the woods seeing new growth.  Keep in mind America cut down every old growth forest long ago.  No buildings thousands of years old around here or the history to match either. 

3 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

I can not know about you, but my day is 24 hours only. 

I go to bed pretty late recently so mine is a little longer, this might explain the whole matter :)

How about going..

7 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Back to music

.?

@Musicophile I apologize for quoting you so often but it seems that's the sentence this subforum needs today :)

3 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Try to read again post #7 in the tread. Feel free to ask if something is still not clear.

Nah.

1) I don't take smart ass requests

2) it's very clear, I apologize if you don't think so.