IGNORED

Blind Test - Naim Mu-so better than Devialet Phantom?

All this video does is highlight the shortcomings of the test, which is a MASSIVE confounding variable. Bluetooth?  BLUETOOTH????    Have you ever tried to listen to a Naim Mu So via Bluetooth? 

It sounds like crap....no frequency extremes, dull, lacking detail, lacking any sense of rhythm. 

All Bluetooth is going to do is reduce the sound of all 3 speakers to a sonic lifeless mush. 

When I first decided to get into digital streaming seriously I bought a Naim Muso in order to learn about and try all the networking connection protocols. The easiest way to start playing music, which involves no network at all is Bluetooth. It simply lets 2 devices communicate wirelessly. Well I can tell you, the sound was a major disappointment...barely good enough for background music......I say barely because the sound was still irritating when played at even moderate volumes. Its lack of resolution can clearly be heard in the treble which has no sparkle whatsoever and is dull and flat. The bass in almost as bad, without any timbral elements, just the main frequency and the typical one note bass......Dumm, dumm, dumm

Link up the Muso with a decent wireless network protocol and the whole thing comes alive and actually starts playing music.  It takes the sound from barely tolerable (wincingly bad actually) to quite enjoyable (dancing around the kitchen to Franky goes to Hollywood). 

So, in summary, all the participants of this blind test did was to listen to the severe limitations of the Bluetooth protocol over 3 different speakers.  “And the one that revealed the least amount of damage to the musical signal was ...............”