IGNORED

Another Magazine for Science Geeks

Seems to be fairly meaty stuff, for example they have Sheldon Glashow reviewing a book on high energy physics.  And there's this on cellular senescence, etc.: https://inference-review.com/article/long-live-longevity

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

10 minutes ago, Jud said:

Seems to be fairly meaty stuff, for example they have Sheldon Glashow reviewing a book on high energy physics.  And there's this on cellular senescence, etc.: https://inference-review.com/article/long-live-longevity

Hah!  I read the article and the first thing I thought of is Madline L'Engle's _A Wind In The Door_.  Heck, maybe there really are Faradonlae singing to the mitochondria. It is interesting to think that an American Homemaker with a fondness for science thought about this stuff way back in  he early 1970s. 

Pretty good article too. I like that it was an essay written for popular consumption by folks like me.  And that the article included enough references that I could dive deeper if I wanted to and had the time.  So many interesting things to learn, so little time. :)  Thank you for posting this. 

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Outstanding set of contributors and very high level of writing from sampling a few articles. Not peer reviewed, so mostly reviews and commentary.  Thanks for making the link.

Larry 

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files