IGNORED

Track preload affects sonics - HELP!!!

Not too convenient, but probably better than those other cleaning methods even ultrasonic.  Once you have it clean, more normal cleaning for use can suffice. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

8 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Wow!  Though I wonder about residuals in the grooves, and one has to wonder about the forces involved—on tiny undulations—of being bonded to glue and then ripped apart.

The water based wood glue doesn't really bond to vinyl.  It will stick to it a bit and any debris, but no real bonding with the underlying vinyl.  Works better to spread the glue with your finger.  And make sure you use water based wood glue.  Water based glue is fine.  Make sure it says water cleanup. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Titebond-II-16-oz-Premium-Wood-Glue-5004/100144210?MERCH=REC-_-PIPHorizontal2_rr-_-100522343-_-100144210-_-N

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

55 minutes ago, sandyk said:

After the 8th application does it sound better than the original ? :D

Never been past the 1st gen.  

2 hours ago, Miska said:

Wood glue dirt removal works pretty well.

My biggest challenge is one warbled vinyl (it was like that when I got it). I've been thinking the solution is to very carefully oven it first. And since it's 12" 45 rpm and I have all the digital capabilities, I'll play it out at 33 rpm and then speed it up to 45 digitally. That'll make the needle have less tracking challenge... Other good ideas are welcome.

I've done the digital speed change thing.  Works well.  If you had a lab supply with variable frequency you could slow it way down.  I don't know if environmental vibrations then being sped up would become a problem or not.

For warped records you need vacuum hold down really.  

6 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

interesting idea - did you see any dirt on the removed glue?

Yes.

3 hours ago, sandyk said:

I hope that you then did the obvious thing of DIGITISING the recording at 24/96 (or 24/192) before putting the Vinyl back for safe keeping ? ;)

Neither.  I did the needle drop at 88.2/24. :P

The owner wanted 88 instead of 96.

I have usually done them at 88 or 96 to avoid any tip resonance issues that some MC's have.