IGNORED

Track preload affects sonics - HELP!!!

On 3/4/2019 at 1:28 PM, Jim Smith said:

I wrote about this phenomenon a bit over 10 years ago in Get Better Sound, referring to how many CD players & transports sounded better if you let them play a bit and then restarted the CD at the beginning. bad-news.gif

bad-news.gif

I haven't mentioned the effect with some computer sources, but it definitely exists - at least with my MBPs.

Letting a track play for 10 seconds or so - then restarting it - is not subtle. what.gif

This is irregardless of what track preload settings I can make with Audirvana.

I also use Maintain's Cocktail to help me eliminate unwanted/unneeded processes.

Also, restarting the computer (which clears the used ram), and clearing all caches still makes no difference with this effect.

In other words, EACH track sounds better if played briefly and then restarted.

Thought I would come out of the frustration closet and see if anyone can suggest a fix, while staying with the MBPs, which I need when traveling for RoomPlay voicing sessions... blush.png

blush.pngBow.gif Bow.gif

Have you checked the software named Bug Head Emperor ? Some comments on the JPlay forums. I have not followed the details, but seems this software may have some provisions for similarly preparing a file for playback.