IGNORED

Axpona 2019 Meet-UP??

This is off topic but it might be helpful, how much time do we spend selecting new music? Every time I go to a show I try to build a Playlist with new tracks etc. If we could share these that would be helpful to minimize research and improve listening and enjoyment. I wanted to ask David Solomon as I heard he has great selections if he would be willing 2 share some of his content but again such hectic schedule I did not have the chance after Chris's panel. Is there's a topic for sharing new Playlists? 

37 minutes ago, luisma said:

This is off topic but it might be helpful, how much time do we spend selecting new music? Every time I go to a show I try to build a Playlist with new tracks etc. If we could share these that would be helpful to minimize research and improve listening and enjoyment. I wanted to ask David Solomon as I heard he has great selections if he would be willing 2 share some of his content but again such hectic schedule I did not have the chance after Chris's panel. Is there's a topic for sharing new Playlists? 

New music or music we use for critical listening? I listen to so much new music all the time it's too much to share.  I have a lot of playlists and my master list has over 1000 songs.  However, I have a fairly small number of tracks in a playlist that I use to evaluate new equipment or changes.

I was referring to new music, and this is interesting to me. I was very narrowed 30 years ago into rock music then 15 years ago my taste in music changed, I diversified, now I listen more to jazz, big band, swing, bossa nova, pop, single instrument, vocals etc than rock alone. Also let's be realistic I think rock recordings for some reason are the worst for good quality, it is the hardest music to appreciate in good systems, my rock reference tracks to evaluate new equipment are supertramp school, dire Straits private investigations, Genesis abacab and very specific ones, some recordings are imposible to use for reference due to the bad source quality digital or vinyl. 

So Iike to discover new music usually non rock related (wife hates rock 😕

Right now I'm listening to youn sun nah which I 1st heard at axpona, wonderful soloist, for you @Johnseye is probably old for me it is revealing and new