Jump to content
bobfa

Axpona 2019 Meet-UP??

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Anyone else planning to attend?  I am trying to attend all three days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Forehaven said:

I won't be there guys, we closed on a new house Tues in Portland OR.  Maybe next yr.

 

 

Congrats on the new house!  I'll likely be out to the Gorge in June to see a concert.  It's a great venue if you haven't had a chance to see a show there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just booked flights to be there Fri-Sat to see old friends and run the exaSound multichannel room for George (probably on Saturday once we get stuff ironed out on Friday) and play NativeDSD stuff, among others.  He's debuting the new e38 Mark II multichannel dac, and I hope to have some unreleased stuff from Jared, et al.  :)  Come by and say hi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a maybe for AXPONA, guys. I hope I can make it, but this year, my goal is to go to Munich High End.

 

Schaumburg in April is such a beautiful time of year. 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, austinpop said:

I'm a maybe for AXPONA, guys. I hope I can make it, but this year, my goal is to go to Munich High End.

 

Schaumburg in April is such a beautiful time of year. 9_9

 

I hope you can make it. I just learned @bobfa lives the next town over. It will also be in the 60s this week. I don't think it will be as nasty as last year. The weather was bad, even though we're in doors all day. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Johnseye said:

 

Congrats on the new house!  I'll likely be out to the Gorge in June to see a concert.  It's a great venue if you haven't had a chance to see a show there.

Thanks John!  So pumped! ;)  What's the name of the venue?  No idea that there was even one there.

 

And I sure hope you guys are right about the weather.  Not looking forward to packing/moving in the freezing cold!!

 

I'm going to miss the gang this yr. Have good fun everyone!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope to be able to make it and would love to meet up with everyone. Waiting on two things to verify I can clear my calendar for the weekend.

 

JC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Oh yes, I'll be there. 

 

Walking the show and moderating a streaming audio panel.

Hi Chris

 

I understand that you will be moderating only, but it would be nice to include the worries and issues of the real content providers  : the artists.

Especially in light of the appeal of Spotify and Amazon.

 

We can all buy, build and love our great music systems, without the artists these will be  worth nothing.

 

Dirk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ddetaey said:

Hi Chris

 

I understand that you will be moderating only, but it would be nice to include the worries and issues of the real content providers  : the artists.

Especially in light of the appeal of Spotify and Amazon.

 

We can all buy, build and love our great music systems, without the artists these will be  worth nothing.

 

Dirk

Hi Dirk - I certainly hear you on this one, but it's a giant topic that could encompass an entire weekend of view points on all sides. Some artists have never made more money than via streaming services while others have never made less. Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Johnseye I’m hoping to make it to catch up with everyone.  Not looking for anything new, thankfully!  I’ll have to see how my schedule works out when we get a little closer.  Lots happening right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 9:19 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Oh yes, I'll be there. 

 

Walking the show and moderating a streaming audio panel.

Chris, when and where are you moderating? I’d like to attend.

 

ray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...