IGNORED

Axpona 2019 Meet-UP??

I won't be there guys, we closed on a new house Tues in Portland OR.  Maybe next yr.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

51 minutes ago, Forehaven said:

I won't be there guys, we closed on a new house Tues in Portland OR.  Maybe next yr.

Congrats on the new house!  I'll likely be out to the Gorge in June to see a concert.  It's a great venue if you haven't had a chance to see a show there.

I just booked flights to be there Fri-Sat to see old friends and run the exaSound multichannel room for George (probably on Saturday once we get stuff ironed out on Friday) and play NativeDSD stuff, among others.  He's debuting the new e38 Mark II multichannel dac, and I hope to have some unreleased stuff from Jared, et al.  :)  Come by and say hi. 

2 hours ago, austinpop said:

I'm a maybe for AXPONA, guys. I hope I can make it, but this year, my goal is to go to Munich High End.

Schaumburg in April is such a beautiful time of year. 9_9

I hope you can make it. I just learned @bobfa lives the next town over. It will also be in the 60s this week. I don't think it will be as nasty as last year. The weather was bad, even though we're in doors all day. 

23 hours ago, Johnseye said:

Congrats on the new house!  I'll likely be out to the Gorge in June to see a concert.  It's a great venue if you haven't had a chance to see a show there.

Thanks John!  So pumped! ;)  What's the name of the venue?  No idea that there was even one there.

And I sure hope you guys are right about the weather.  Not looking forward to packing/moving in the freezing cold!!

I'm going to miss the gang this yr. Have good fun everyone!  

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

29 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Oh yes, I'll be there. 

Walking the show and moderating a streaming audio panel.

Hi Chris

I understand that you will be moderating only, but it would be nice to include the worries and issues of the real content providers  : the artists.

Especially in light of the appeal of Spotify and Amazon.

We can all buy, build and love our great music systems, without the artists these will be  worth nothing.

Dirk

2 minutes ago, ddetaey said:

Hi Chris

I understand that you will be moderating only, but it would be nice to include the worries and issues of the real content providers  : the artists.

Especially in light of the appeal of Spotify and Amazon.

We can all buy, build and love our great music systems, without the artists these will be  worth nothing.

Dirk

Hi Dirk - I certainly hear you on this one, but it's a giant topic that could encompass an entire weekend of view points on all sides. Some artists have never made more money than via streaming services while others have never made less. Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...

My local Austin pal @limniscate just acquired Magnepan 20.7s to replace his 3.7i's, and even before they're completely dialed in to his space, I gotta say these are amazing speakers. 

Why mention this in the AXPONA thread? To see if there's interest in an AS field trip to hear the flagship 30.7's at Audio Consultants. See: https://www.facebook.com/download/preview/2442529889315049

In case the link doesn't work, I uploaded the PDF here.

TAS_Magnepan_2019.02.07.pdf

34 minutes ago, austinpop said:

My local Austin pal @limniscate just acquired Magnepan 20.7s to replace his 3.7i's, and even before they're completely dialed in to his space, I gotta say these are amazing speakers. 

Why mention this in the AXPONA thread? To see if there's interest in an AS field trip to hear the flagship 30.7's at Audio Consultants. See: https://www.facebook.com/download/preview/2442529889315049

TAS_Magnepan_2019.02.07.pdf 8.58 MB · 0 downloads

I spent some time listening to that system a couple of weeks ago before they were even broken-in.  YEP GO if you are at all interested.  They were all tricked out with Transparent Opus speaker cables and a big Boulder Amp..  

9 hours ago, austinpop said:

TAS_Magnepan_2019.02.07.pdf 8.58 MB · 3 downloads

I'm a long time Maggie owner and fan but the 30.7s need a bit more work.

9 hours ago, austinpop said:

TAS_Magnepan_2019.02.07.pdf 8.58 MB · 3 downloads

I would be especially interested in hearing listening impressions of the 30.7's from those who own AudioLabs or ML's.

Was eagerly planning to join everyone there, cleared everything out of the way, had just gotten a plane ticket purchased and a hotel room booked. Unfortunately, while helping my sister move over the weekend, I did something that injured my hip and I've been in a lot of pain if standing for any length of time, walking more than short distances, or especially trying to sit down in, or get out of a chair. A cortisone shot by my doctor today has brought the pain down to a bearable level, thankfully, but hes concerned about the degree of the injury and wants me off my feet and resting the joint as much as possible for the next few weeks. With Axpona starting in in ten days I'm sadly just not going to be functional enough physically to attend. What a disappointment, especially after missing last year's extravaganza due to a death in the family. I was really looking forward to seeing everyone, catching up with some old Head-Fi friends, and also touching base with a few people I know in the audio manufacturing industry. 

Enjoy the show, the equipment and the sounds, and spend quality time with old friends and new.

JC