IGNORED

Music Hall Busted Like Lexicon (Oppo)?

Not good and very disappointing coming from Music Hall, I would have expected better. Thanks for posting this.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

Well I guess MH could claim you get better support, international dealer network, etc. 

Hey, it also looks more audiophile in black vs red. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, mansr said:

And now there's this: https://www.psaudio.com/products/noise-harvester/

The Tice clock would at least tell the time.

That isn't new, it's been around a long time. I don't remember where, but I did see a review once where they had measurements that showed less noise on the line when these were plugged in. Don't remember any of the details, I'm sure you could find it if you are interested.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

https://www.stereophile.com/miscellaneous/784/index.html

Makes sense. Everything that alters the waveforms on the mains power can alter the sound - because the engineering of nearly all audio components is inadequate to reject the impact of that changed environment. People are happy to tell the story that rigs sound better late at night, because all the crap on the power lines is less - but somehow using some device which directly attenuates or changes the waveform of the noise, in a deliberate way, is a weirdo thing to do, ¬¬.

Just because something "ain't scientific" doesn't mean there won't be an effect - the real job is to work out what's going on, and devise an efficient means of getting the same benefits, if any occur.

Explanations can be BS. Because they protecting IP - just look at how patents are worded to cover the real knowledge - or because they don't understand themselves what's going on. Here an expression involving baby, throw, and bathwater comes to mind ...

Just now, mansr said:

That's probably because ambient noise tends to be lower at night. Less traffic, etc.

Possibly in some instances - the local audio friend who now does a lot of tweaking in the same fashion as I do lives in a totally quiet, dead end street still hears this behaviour - listens for many hours up past midnight, and hears a clear trend.

He doesn't take as many measures as I would to combat power line noise - and so would be more subject to this, IMO.