IGNORED

Windows Server 2016 Version

dminches

I am having issues installing Roon with my current system which is running Win Server 2012 R2.  The issue ties back to my onboard video not supporting OpenGL 3.0.  I can't get past this since there aren't any drivers for WS 2012 R2 for my Asus motherborard.

If I can't solve this issue I may have to build a new PC and would likely run Win Server 2016.  Which version do I need to get for AO and how many cores do I need to buy?  I see there are 16 core Standard versions but they cost over $600.  Are there cheaper options?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

22 hours ago, dminches said:

I am having issues installing Roon with my current system which is running Win Server 2012 R2.  The issue ties back to my onboard video not supporting OpenGL 3.0.  I can't get past this since there aren't any drivers for WS 2012 R2 for my Asus motherborard.

If I can't solve this issue I may have to build a new PC and would likely run Win Server 2016.  Which version do I need to get for AO and how many cores do I need to buy?  I see there are 16 core Standard versions but they cost over $600.  Are there cheaper options?

Roon (with GUI) requires OpenGL. OpenGL is not available in Core. The solution is very easy, its also the setup that I use my own.

On your AudioPC don't install the normal Roon, install RoonServer instead. Thes is exactly the same, but has no GUI at all. You then install Roon (with GUI) on another PC or your iPhone or iPad or similar. You then connect to your Roon Core (Roon Server) using that fully blown GUI installation from another machine.

This should give an idea of the process:

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Phil, I did everything you laid out in the instructions but the GUI cannot find the core.  Does AO start up the roon server on startup or do I have to set that manually?

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

I got it to work by tell Roon Server to run on start up.

Next step is to get HQPlayer running.

10 hours ago, dminches said:

I got it to work by tell Roon Server to run on start up.

Next step is to get HQPlayer running.

You could also use the shell replacement to achieve that goal, that would have a few more advantages 👍🏼

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

2 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

You could also use the shell replacement to achieve that goal, that would have a few more advantages 👍🏼

If you do that how do you open a DOS box when you are in minimal server mode?  That's why I have always just used the default shell.