IGNORED

Win Server 2019/2016 General questions and discussions

Solid-State

I recently installed the latest version of Windows Server 2019, downloaded from the Microsoft website. Unlike the previous version, with this current I'm having problems with the Ayre driver, even using the Audiophile Optimizer for installation.

Whenever I start Windows, the Ayre driver appears in devmgmt as "Unknown" and "Disabled", and when I enter the properties, I get the following message: "This device is disabled (Code 22)". Nothing I tried solved the problem. Anyone have any suggestions? I thought about trying the FOB installation, but I couldn't understand that there would be any advantage.

Ayre.jpg

Hi, Bill. Actually, since the Ayre QB-9 driver worked perfectly on Windows Server 2016 Core and an earlier version of Server 2019 Core, I've always been sure that the problem is with the Windows version (17763.253; I haven't yet tried to manually update). What I didn't investigate yet is if have any problems related to the BIOS (it's a new motherboard, a completely new hardware that I'm still exploring). I've tried the standard procedure, which I've always adopted: in a completely clean installation of Windows, I use the Driver Helper of Audiophile Optimizer to install. From the moment it didn't work, I tried, for once, to do a manual installation, through the .inf file. It also didn't work. The big problem is Windows no longer identifies the driver as being a sound driver, although the JPLAY does it perfectly.

In research, I checked similar cases on the Internet, even with Realtek High Definition Audio, but no reports from anyone who actually solved the problem. So, to get around it while something more concrete isn't offered (by Microsoft or by Audiophile Optimizer), I created a script for activating the driver and inserted it at Windows startup. Therefore, whenever I turn on the computer, the driver (which is disabled) is immediately enabled and works perfectly. For now, that's how I solved it.

Answering some questions: I just didn't try to change the USB cable and even the USB port I use because in the previous version of Windows Server 2019 Standard Core the operation was perfect.

Another person should be responsible for doing this coordination between the Audiophile Optimizer and Windows Server topics. TubeMan simply has no education to answer people's questions. You don't have to treat everyone like your son, but there's no need to write with that grin, either.

My system doesn't depend on the router and also doesn't depend on internet access. There's nothing in the network settings other than the IP numbers (192.169.0.1 and 192.169.0.2) and the subnet mask (255.255.255.252). It's fully functional and JPLAY and Audiophile Optimizer (the only software I need) works perfectly. So before replying rudely, it's interesting to check out the particularities of each system.