IGNORED

Win Server 2019/2016 General questions and discussions

Solid-State

I am having difficulty installing driver for a USB microphone (UMIK-1 for room EQ). I was able to install it before using usbaudio2.inf (usbaudio2.sys and related dll) on WS2016 core/AO2.20 machine.  Now I am on WS2019 core/AO3.0 and the same driver no longer installs. New OS says it is not the right driver for the microphone device. I injected WASAPI, installed HD audio drivers but without success. Can someone help me find a driver for my microphone?

image.thumb.png.02b5a6acc13cdb720230d323f4c8368f.png

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

Hi Phil,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I did pressed the F8. HD Audio installation routine did give me a warning whether I would like to proceed. 

image.png.7a7486c3158ad3efca48f37358398f0f.png

In the above snapshot, I am seeing the "Unknown" speaker icon. This is my control PC. On my audion PC, I also see the "Unknown" speaker icon, under which I have my XMOS device. More importantly, Umik-1 microphone does not install even after installing the "HD Audion". Umik-1 is probably the most popular microphone for room calibration purpose. What can I try further?

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

They reappear. 

No, It is not. "Umik-1" device is still marked with a yellow triangle as can be seen in the screenshot above (this is my control pc with WS2019 core). In my Windows 10 machine, " "Umik-1" device shows up under the "Sound, video and game controller" section with usbaudio2 generic driver. I tried the same on my audio pc (again, WS2019 core), but with same result.

Let me delve into this matter some time in the future. Thank you, Phil.

Sure thing. I just connected another recording devices of mine (an ADC) and it does bring up usbaudio2 without problem so it must be something to do with microphone device, possibly class type not defined or recognized by the new OS. I will talk to the manufacturer. I hope they are knowledgeable enough in the driver domain. Thank you. 

I gave this a try. Thanks. Unfortunately, no change came after this. If I have time, I will try the GUI 2019 version. In the meantime, I will produce the room calibration data using my Windows 10 machine. Until I solve this problem, I won't know the difference anyway. Most frequent cure for IT was, is and will be time. That has been my belief. I give 6 to 12mo give or take 12mo.

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/10/2019 at 12:05 AM, shinyc said:

I gave this a try. Thanks. Unfortunately, no change came after this. If I have time, I will try the GUI 2019 version. In the meantime, I will produce the room calibration data using my Windows 10 machine. Until I solve this problem, I won't know the difference anyway. Most frequent cure for IT was, is and will be time. That has been my belief. I give 6 to 12mo give or take 12mo.

One more reason to recommend WS2019 "GUI version". My microphone is properly working now after changing from core to GUI version on my control PC. At the same time, my system is much more stable after the change. No more "all of a sudden music stops playing" events. SQ is slightly different but I cannot say it is for the worse. Or should I say more stable sound! I recommend GUI version at least for the control PC for now. I am still using core version for the audio PC, thou. Please do your own experiment for there are so many variables.