IGNORED

Win Server 2019/2016 General questions and discussions

Solid-State

"

So the ISO that would sound better than the this:  SW_DVD9_Win_Server_STD_CORE_2019_64Bit_English_DC_STD_MLF_X21-96581
I also use this ISO, and this is the MD5 value:   f1222583e87a979c516e431d10ae0b16
As far as I know, standards and datacenters are the same, except that datacenter has more features unlocked, I don't think this can bring a SQ improvement.

The best, or different sound could be attributed to the fact that this ISO is more mature.
Confirm if you have the same MD5 value
Greetings
Anto 😊

"

MD5 checksum has nothing to do with fileversion
is only shows if the iso file has been compromised/changed

for example,
if you download a file from internet and want to see if its intact,
then you can check the MD5 of the downloaded file and compare with publishers MD5 checksum

1 hour ago, Anto said:

Each file has its own fingerprint. Thanks to a particular algorithm we can extract the MD5 code of each file that is made up of 32 alphanumeric characters. So each file has its own specific MD5 code that identifies it, just as the fingerprint of a finger identifies a person.

excat was i was saying,
but that file is old !!!!
The latest is from 2019-01

this is the latest

17763.253.190108-0006.rs5_release_svc_refresh_SERVER_EVAL_x64FRE_en-us.iso

"""

No reason to bother that much! Audirvana software is targeted mainly to Apple platforms. I once tried it. Downloaded it. Many issues with scrolling into the library. Occasional stops for absolutely no reason. Unwanted external downloads with C++ redistributable files. Presence in my PC lasted less than 30 minutes. Uninstalled it  in no time!

I would like to focus here, to AO3, with an issue I faced. I would really appreciate your help, if possible.

On my control PC (1st out of the 2 PCs), I did the following :

• Installed WS2019 core
  • Deactivated firewall
  • Installed AO 3.0 and reboot
  • Did not do "AO -wasapi for Wasapi injection"
  • Did not do "Service Tools > HD Audio Drivers installation"
  • Installed Roon Server
  • Installed JPLay Femto server
  • AO normal run,
    • Accepted Kernel Streaming support

As soon as this is the control PC, no audio drivers are needed, not Wasapi. Only Kernel Streaming.

The JPlay driver is not recognizable in Roon. JPlayFemto server does not behave good, does not play, Artwork is not visible.

Do you know if it is necessary to perform Wasapi injection in order to make Roon play on the control PC?

Thank you in advance.

Peter

""

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2783-roon-with-jplayfemto-it-is-possible/

or ask Marcin

• 2 weeks later...

https://support.micr...pdate-kb4489899

Applies to: Windows 10, version 1809Windows Server 2019, all versions

After installing this update on machines that have multiple audio devices, applications that provide advanced options for internal or external audio output devices may stop working unexpectedly. This issue occurs for users that select an audio output device different from the “Default Audio Device”. Examples of applications that may stop working include:

importent

https://support.micr...pdate-kb4489899

Applies to: Windows 10, version 1809Windows Server 2019, all versions

After installing this update on machines that have multiple audio devices, applications that provide advanced options for internal or external audio output devices may stop working unexpectedly. This issue occurs for users that select an audio output device different from the “Default Audio Device”. Examples of applications that may stop working include:

"FelipeRolim

Well, my computers use Windows Server in Core mode, with no GUI. All I do is by command line. I leave, to facilitate, remote access enabled, so that I can command the two computers through the notebook (mstsc.exe).

When the computer has the IP set as fixed (task for which use the command netsh interface ipv4 set address name ="Ethernet" source=static addr=192.169.0.1 mask=255.255.255.252), there's no internet access. And, as the Audiophile Optimizer only needs internet at the time of installation and configuration (and this only in the Beta version), when I use it, just activate DHCP again, through the command netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Ethernet" dhcp. I then connect the computer to the router. To revert, just fix the IP again and you're done. I find it simple and, for my case, fully functional. For a user of a JCAT network card (which has two possible connections), this isn't even necessary. Just swap the network port.

"

when you set staic IP you neeed to set GW and DNS also,
same as you do in Sconfig !!

netsh interface ip set address name="Ethernet" static 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.0 (GW) 192.160.0.x
netsh interface ipv4 add dnsserver "Ethernet" address=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx