IGNORED

Win Server 2019/2016 General questions and discussions

Solid-State

12 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

This question is about GUI and Core mode, not the AudiophileShell :)

As far as I know only GUI mode can display those kind of messages. You can't see them in Core.

(since you use the AudiophileShell I assume you are in Core....)

Best,

AudioPhil

Thanks, I am using WIN2019 GUI evaluation and replacing the default shell with AS.

The problem is that if I am traveling for a couple weeks with the computer shut down, then it seems the OS is losing its evaluation days countdown place and resets to zero.. this is an audio PC, without persistent internet connection.

Upon boot, I will start with the AS and notice OS shutdown after a short while of playback. I need revert back to the default GUI shell to check, and there on the bottom right is the notice. So I want to check the countdown status every time upon boot without reverting back to default shell.

Is PowerShell command "slmgr -dlv" the easiest and most accurate place to view the countdown status?

• 2 weeks later...

I am using 2 PC setup (Win10 AO to WinServer2019 GUI AO to some USB helper-stuff to DAC), but with JPlay (soon to change to HQPlayer 4).

AO is a big improvement, even on the WIN10 control (i7) machine.. the ability to select the digital filter and sound signature settings are mandatory to me. If not for AO, I would use Euphony or Volumio, either of those beat any non-AO Windows for my preferences.

Your configuration is much different due to the Rendu NAA, so I think you will need to try.. I suggest try WinServer2019 GUI with AO, make sure to play with the filter and signature settings to see if they have any effect. Hopefully someone with a similar endpoint can offer more concrete advice.

I think Server eval version lasts 3 years... so... (I am pretty old... ya never know 😲)

• 5 weeks later...