IGNORED

Win Server 2019/2016 General questions and discussions

Solid-State

I've experienced the same issue lately, Mutec DDC driver getting disabled no matter if F8 or driver signature or AO3 Driver Helper were tried.  What I've found effective in resolving the disabled audio driver is running "AO -e" command, reset afterwards, do your own things (i.e. setting fix IPs, adjusting audio driver's latency & buffers, etc.), install and activate JPLAY, then finally run "AO -u".

AO3 executed in express mode appears to inject something WASAPI-related to the system that facilitates audio driver installation.  A good sign of audio driver properly installed is that a speaker symbol appears and stays unchanged next to the driver in Device Manager.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

7 hours ago, TubeMan said:

when you set static ip. by netsh,
windows clear all ip settings
that's why you need to set GW and DNS

You should have said this in the first place 😉

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

I updated both PCs to Windows 2019 Datacenter 17763.379 a week ago and found the sound a bit on the sterile, bright side, almost unbearable.  Swapping in an OS disk of 17763.316 to AudioPC and music came back.  A couple days later, out of curiosity I put the 17763.379 disk back into AudioPC, let it sit and play for less than a day and surprisingly found the SQ improved.  Today, about a week after initial update, 379 on AudioPC is getting better and closer to 316 in musicality (subjective) but probably never the same.

Lesson I learned from this humble finding:  never judge, even a newly installed OS or newly ripped songs/album, right off the bat.  Intead, let it sit in and play for a good few days.

While waiting for AO3 final release with excitement, I look forward to this month-end's Windows Update which promises to fix an audio related issue.  Until then, I hope we all continue to enjoy the music.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...