IGNORED

Win Server 2019/2016 General questions and discussions

Solid-State

A couple questions, and apologize in advanced if these have been addressed.

1. I'm installing server 2019 per the AO PDF (using the ISO link from the AO PDF as well).  This system can be nuked as many times as needed as I threw in a spare SSD for testing etc..  I also sent in a request for an AO eval if that is still possible.

A bit random, but how do individuals use server additions due to the cost?  I'm not referring to hacks, or illegal methods and I'm guessing users just bite the bullet and do it, but are there alternatives for these audio uses?  I know some just use the eval version and then rebuild every few months or whatever - I'm not interested in that.  If its easier/common to use WIn10 I can do that (that's my production setup), but would like to try server and AO just to "see" - per #2

2. Using a two "pc" setup - server 2019 with ROON server + HQP (fiber network), pushing local stream to a NAA (microU or OpticalRendu) in listening room, audio files on NAS etc..  Is this type of setup (with AO) a good candidate or do most go direct to DAC?  That question isn't unique but in the context of server version, AO, 2 pc config etc.. is a bit different then a standard pc setup, so just curious.

My rig