IGNORED

Win Server 2019/2016 General questions and discussions

Solid-State

i'm trying out ws2019 and am running into a problem that i can't figure out.

• computer is a nuc7i5 with 120 g ssd and 8 g of ram
  • was able to install ws2019 gui no problem
  • ethernet wasn't working, but found a post about how to install the ethernet controller -- so good there
  • connected my yggy and it was recognized immediately
  • installed roon bridge and it worked via wasapi with the yggy immediately -- good there, too.
  • next tried to install dirac live -- installation occurred with no problem
  • HOWEVER, i can't get audio out of dirac without complete distortion . . . 
    • roon to dirac is handled via wasapi; the only option for the output from dirac to the yggy is via kernel streaming -- this option "plays" but it's complete distortion
    • on my win10 machine, dirac to the yggy is handled via asio (says "asio for generic usb device") -- works perfectly
  • figured installing ao last after everything was working was the best approach.  installed ao without issue, but this didn't fix the problem.

how do i get dirac to work?!!  i've tried to install asio4all, but that still needs windows drivers to work.  kinda stuck, now.  could really use the help.

thanks!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 11:24 PM, jcn3 said:

i'm trying out ws2019 and am running into a problem that i can't figure out.

• computer is a nuc7i5 with 120 g ssd and 8 g of ram
  • was able to install ws2019 gui no problem
  • ethernet wasn't working, but found a post about how to install the ethernet controller -- so good there
  • connected my yggy and it was recognized immediately
  • installed roon bridge and it worked via wasapi with the yggy immediately -- good there, too.
  • next tried to install dirac live -- installation occurred with no problem
  • HOWEVER, i can't get audio out of dirac without complete distortion . . . 
    • roon to dirac is handled via wasapi; the only option for the output from dirac to the yggy is via kernel streaming -- this option "plays" but it's complete distortion
    • on my win10 machine, dirac to the yggy is handled via asio (says "asio for generic usb device") -- works perfectly
  • figured installing ao last after everything was working was the best approach.  installed ao without issue, but this didn't fix the problem.

how do i get dirac to work?!!  i've tried to install asio4all, but that still needs windows drivers to work.  kinda stuck, now.  could really use the help.

thanks!

@AudioPhil -- i know this isn't an AO problem, but would certainly appreciate your thoughts.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100