IGNORED

Win Server 2019/2016 General questions and discussions

Solid-State

Hi Phil or anyone else using a Mutec MC3+ USB with WS2019 and AO 3.0.

I am just about to undertake a new load of WS2019 to my CAPS Lagoon.     I plan on using a 2tb SSD and partition it for OS and Music.

2 questions)

1.   What Mutec Driver is best to download and use on WS2019?

2.   With WS2019, AO3.0, Jriver 24 and Fidelizer 8.4, would a 60 or 80gig partition be enough for this lot?

Regards Cazzesman

On 8/10/2019 at 6:16 PM, AudioPhil said:

Hi

I cannot comment on the driver since I use another DDC in front of the MC3+USB, but generally speaking I would use the latest one available.

60-80G would probably be enough for 3-4 times what you are planning for :)

Best,

AudioPhil

For those interested, I got a reply from Mutec re my Driver question for WS2019.

You should use the currently available driver from our website. That should work.

For Info.

Regards Cazzesman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Phil.

I have completed my Music PC rebuild with WS2019.   It was an entertaining process to say the least, being somewhat of PC novice.   Thankfully Google and Youtube vids got me through the process.  🙂

Installed AO 3.0 today as well as Fidelizer 8.4.   Together they are sounding superb so congrats on your efforts.  Just a couple of questions re what to enable/disable.

Re you Set-up guide..................

SCSI-Miniport Drivers.  Be very careful if you want to use this option. Only use it if you have IDE or SATA drives. Do not use this option under any circumstances if you have SAS, SCSI or RAID drives. If you still do so your system might not be able to boot again

Phil does enabling/disabling this aspect have a big effect on SQ?   I think it is safe from me to Disable.  I have the following setup.   If it has no great effect on SQ I will leave it alone.

My CAPS Lagoon is headless and I have MB is Intel DN280MT.   I have the Sotm PCIe attached.  I run two Sata drives - 128 gig for OS and Apps and 2tb for music storage.    I do have a NAS for storage but at this time it won't be feeding the Music PC. 

Network related Services.    This is one of the most important settings to decide about. Especially on the Audio PC it is very important to disable all network related services; this will result in a very nice step-up in overall sound quality. If you decide to disable network related services, Remote Desktop and Windows Remote Management will be automatically disabled as well. Depending on your scenario (Control PC for example), disabling all network related services also means dealing with some drawbacks. Depending on your needs, it might be best not to disable network related services on the Control PC. If you use network drives or a NAS, you won’t be able to connect to them anymore.

I have kept the Network services on as I want to see the Music PC on my Network to make minor changes as required.    I also run Remote Desktop Connection so have Enabled same.     I take it 'Remote Management' is having an Outside Connection via something like "LogmeIn'.  As I don't use such software I take it I can Disable it in AO and it won't affect any Network connections?

Thanks again

Regards Cazzesman