IGNORED

Win Server 2019/2016 General questions and discussions

Solid-State

"

So the ISO that would sound better than the this:  SW_DVD9_Win_Server_STD_CORE_2019_64Bit_English_DC_STD_MLF_X21-96581
I also use this ISO, and this is the MD5 value:   f1222583e87a979c516e431d10ae0b16
As far as I know, standards and datacenters are the same, except that datacenter has more features unlocked, I don't think this can bring a SQ improvement.

The best, or different sound could be attributed to the fact that this ISO is more mature.
Confirm if you have the same MD5 value
Greetings
Anto 😊

"

MD5 checksum has nothing to do with fileversion
is only shows if the iso file has been compromised/changed

for example,
if you download a file from internet and want to see if its intact,
then you can check the MD5 of the downloaded file and compare with publishers MD5 checksum

1 hour ago, Anto said:

Each file has its own fingerprint. Thanks to a particular algorithm we can extract the MD5 code of each file that is made up of 32 alphanumeric characters. So each file has its own specific MD5 code that identifies it, just as the fingerprint of a finger identifies a person.

excat was i was saying,
but that file is old !!!!
The latest is from 2019-01

this is the latest

17763.253.190108-0006.rs5_release_svc_refresh_SERVER_EVAL_x64FRE_en-us.iso

"""

No reason to bother that much! Audirvana software is targeted mainly to Apple platforms. I once tried it. Downloaded it. Many issues with scrolling into the library. Occasional stops for absolutely no reason. Unwanted external downloads with C++ redistributable files. Presence in my PC lasted less than 30 minutes. Uninstalled it  in no time!

I would like to focus here, to AO3, with an issue I faced. I would really appreciate your help, if possible.

On my control PC (1st out of the 2 PCs), I did the following :

• Installed WS2019 core
  • Deactivated firewall
  • Installed AO 3.0 and reboot
  • Did not do "AO -wasapi for Wasapi injection"
  • Did not do "Service Tools > HD Audio Drivers installation"
  • Installed Roon Server
  • Installed JPLay Femto server
  • AO normal run,
    • Accepted Kernel Streaming support

As soon as this is the control PC, no audio drivers are needed, not Wasapi. Only Kernel Streaming.

The JPlay driver is not recognizable in Roon. JPlayFemto server does not behave good, does not play, Artwork is not visible.

Do you know if it is necessary to perform Wasapi injection in order to make Roon play on the control PC?

Thank you in advance.

Peter

""

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2783-roon-with-jplayfemto-it-is-possible/

or ask Marcin

Hi Tubeman,

Thank you for your comments on SQ using JPlay Femto, Minimserver and BubbleUPnP.  I will now try that combination.

Minimserver is a great program that I used for quite a while with Upplay and Jplay, and even as another library within JRiver.  But JRiver is just so convenient and comprehensive to use.  And I do get great SQ from my EMM Reference DA2 using the Meitner 2.0 (wasapi) driver and Server 2019 Standard, Desktop.  Alas I simply cannot get JRiver to run with AO through Win Server 2019 Standard (Core) although I have used JRiver/AO for a couple of years with Win Server 2012 in core.  I presume it is a Server 2019 glitch that Phil will likely amend as AO beta evolves to its final release.  Beyond my skills.

I have considered other alternatives.  BHE was great but I tired of the almost daily updates and the fiddling around to keep it working.  Hysolid seems really good but is often reported to have issues coping with a large library of music files (I have not tried it).  Upplay was worth a spin with JPlay and Minim... but lacks the sophistication of JRiver.  Linn Kinsky has added sophistication but did not reach the JRiver levels.  Hoping to once again settle down to extended listening rather than learning command lines and forever doing clean installs ....

Cheers,   Ron

On 3/3/2019 at 11:15 AM, TubeMan said:

Jriver is not compatible with 2019 core,
but a solution if you now definitely want to use Jriver
install Gui and then change shell to cmd in the registry,
there will be a great improvement in the sound
easy to do in AO ST change shell to cmd / command promt

Changing the shell to the actual player has even the better effect on SQ, this applies for both core and GUI mode, but the difference in SQ is by nature certainly bigger in GUI mode.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Thank you, Phil.  Another stimulating challenge for me to implement.  I am now running 2019 Standard (Desktop) with JPlay FEMTO, FEMTO streamer and Kinsky and AOb36 (2 - D) and am delighted by SQ.  Another lift with actual player as shell will be a bonus. 

I also interpret your post to mean that core has SQ advantages over desktop (certainly it did in my previous 2012 R Install) so I still have much to look forward to ...

On 3/5/2019 at 3:04 AM, winmore said:

Thank you, Phil.  Another stimulating challenge for me to implement.  I am now running 2019 Standard (Desktop) with JPlay FEMTO, FEMTO streamer and Kinsky and AOb36 (2 - D) and am delighted by SQ.  Another lift with actual player as shell will be a bonus. 

I also interpret your post to mean that core has SQ advantages over desktop (certainly it did in my previous 2012 R Install) so I still have much to look forward to ...

Yes Core mode does sound better than GUI. The difference was bigger in 2012/2012 R2, got a bit smaller with 2016 and i think a bit smaller again with server 2019.

But if you go with GUI (there are various reasons to do so), you can and shall still use the shell replacement feature of ServiceTool. In this case you will replace the entire windows desktop with your media player of choice. And this of course has a significant impact on sound quality.

(thats one of two reason why I made that thing :), convenience is the other one...)

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

I'll give that a try Phil. I don't see JPLAY/JPLAYFemto under the shell replacement options although I guess I wouldn't as it's not a player. I have Fidelizer Pro installed so should I set the shell as Fidelizer or Audiophile Shell.

Thanks for your reply

I tried AudiophileShell and everything is working fine Phil. Don't have time to listen closely at the moment as I'm trying to get a document finished that I promised a colleague tomorrow!

One more question if I may. Can I select AudiophileShell on the Audio PC as well or is shell replacement for Control PC only?

Thanks again

1 hour ago, TubeMan said:

recommended is to have cmd/AO  shell on audio PC and player shell on Control PC

Thanks for the reply Tubeman. Given that I am running JPLAY FemtoServer on my Control PC (With BubbleUPnP as control point on a Samsung tablet) what shell should I select as JPLAYFemto Server is not a player. Thanks

https://support.micr...pdate-kb4489899

Applies to: Windows 10, version 1809Windows Server 2019, all versions

After installing this update on machines that have multiple audio devices, applications that provide advanced options for internal or external audio output devices may stop working unexpectedly. This issue occurs for users that select an audio output device different from the “Default Audio Device”. Examples of applications that may stop working include: