IGNORED

I'd like to expand my musical horizon - what is out there today with more than 3 chords?

8 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

So, going through this list one by one.

Tried Dream Theater, but realized I’m getting to old for anything resembling metal (I had a short phase around 18 liking stuff like early Metallica and Slayer), but the sound of too much distortion just annoys me today.

That said, I appreciate that musically they indeed seem to be more ambitious than your average hard rock album.

The Astonishing is the only album from Dream Theater I really like, and even it has a few moments of wild wailing. ;).  They toned down the metal a lot to tell the story. It is very long however, and I tend to listen to it in two halves. The story is at least as much fun in this as the music, which is interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Astonishing

You might also look into this rock opera. It is pretty interesting, and again, tells a good story. ;)

1216087808_ScreenShot2019-02-25at11_58_09AM.thumb.png.57c2afc41efcfbbdc606048ce1701284.png

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

1 hour ago, wgscott said:

I knew you were going to say that.

Ack - I need to go cultivate some new vices... I am getting too predictable in my old age. Either that or I am repeating myself... 

Ack - I need to go cultivate some new vices... I am getting too predictable in my old age. Either that or I am repeating myself... 

Oops - well, here's one delving way back into prehistory - like back when we were freshmen, just out of high school. :)  Ted Nealy and Yvonne Elliman put on one heck of a show with this. And the cover is very cool, enough to inspire an OCD session with headphones... I think it has at least 4 chords in it, and not as much story. 

If I remember correctly, I think the whole thing was initially inspired by Cream's _Tales of Brave Ulysses_.   

-PaScreenShot.thumb.JPG.0c48fb8d617326452dad84e366b9d5dc.JPGul 

P.S.

Here is a link to Polyphemus.  One bad cyclop!  

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein