IGNORED

I'd like to expand my musical horizon - what is out there today with more than 3 chords?

@Musicophile,

I see there is a lot of very good music, but most of it lacks the attribute "contemporary".
Contemporary music is very divided in different genres. It would defintely help if could define som sub-genre of Music you may be interested in,  so we would not tap into the dark with our music but closer to your taste.
I'd like to recommend:
- Arcade Fire, they have been great 5 years ago ... and lots of melodies
- PJ Harvey ... Polly is just marvelous, since more than 20 years
- If you like the dinosours of Led Zeppelin, maybe in world/ethic/jazz interpretation of Vincent Peirani & Living Being, you may as well listen to their very recent North American incarnation Greta Van Fleet (average age: 23 years)?
- The Dream Syndicate, a band from the Paisly Underground in LA , has recently reformed,  they've made a very good record in 2017 and their new record willl be out next month. The bassist of Led Zep, John Paul Jones, loves to jam with them.

- Steve Wilson is one of the most underrated (in terms of top 100 Charts) musicians of our time.
- and for "rebellious energy" check out Idles - Joy as an Act of Resistance. It lacks a bit the melody aspect, but that is modern rock music.
Cheers, Tom