IGNORED

Article: My Quest for a New DAC, Part 5: Chord Electronics Hugo M Scaler & Hugo TT 2

Rajiv,

This is one of the really nice touches in your review.  This covers a very broad range of great material to listen to.  I am playing with it on my systems this weekend.

Bob

Review Playlist

HMS/TT2 Review Playlist on Qobuz (US)

To enable you to listen to the same tracks (see caveats) I did, I created a public playlist on Qobuz USA. This playlist includes the tracks mentioned in this review, as well as others I listened to in the course of this evaluation. Please note that in some cases, the Qobuz track will only stream at 16/44.1, whereas I may have used a local hi-res version. Still, this gives you a sense for the music I listened to for evaluation.

• 1 year later...

I have had quite a few DACs in my systems over time.  One of the BEST was the Schiit Yggdrasil.  I live in the Midwest and when we have bad weather I would unplug everything “just in case”.  That DAC did not stabilize for at least two days.   I have had others tell me that the YGGY takes even longer in their systems.  On the analog side I used the Ayre AX-5 Twenty integrated amp and if it was off you could hear it change over a couple of hours, from standby it would take maybe 5 min.

As a side note I am now using Kii Three speakers in my main system and they automatically switch to standby after about 15 minutes.  I Think that I can hear a little difference in the first few minutes of operation.  

It is fun to actually test this in a system...