dr_z

Article: Dr.Z's Test CD (Free Download)

Rate this topic

@dr_z  Very generous of you to share it with us.   I’ll have a beer while I play around!

Analog:  VPI Scoutmaster / Shelter 501MkII, Sony XRD1 HD FM, Nakamichi BX-300  Music Server:  i7-6700K/Asus RTX2080 OC Gaming, HQPlayer

DACs:  dCS Debussy, Lampizator Golden Atlantic, McIntosh D150 / MCT450 CD/SACD

Digital Add-ons:  Uptone JS-2s and LPS-1s, ISO REGENS     NAA:  NUCs (2), SoTM SMS-200 Ultra / tX-USB Ultra / Network Switch Clock Mod

Preamp:  McIntosh C500P (SS)   Amp:  McIntosh MC452

Speakers:  Wilson Yvette    Signal Cables:  Transparent Ultra Gen V    Power Cables:  Shunyata and PS Audio

GIK Room Treatments   PS Audio P10 AC Regenerators (2)  Dedicated 20 AMP AC circuit

Wow, thanks!

[Home Digital] Bricasti M12 > McIntosh MC60 > Zu Druid V + Undertone (BHSE + Voce)

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > K&K Audio Phono Amp (Zu DL-103/Benz Glider-SL/Denon DL-301 II)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Focal Utopia Headphones (balanced)

[beach/Travel] Laptop > DragonFly Red > Ether Headphones

35 minutes ago, rando said:

Thanks for publishing this @The Computer Audiophile  and @dr_z  

@dr_z had the idea and I was thrilled to put something this thorough and cool on the front page. The “CD” has been downloaded quite a few time so far. 

Disc 1 Track 28 has a filename of 28-impulse1644.flac, but the tile is Impulse Responses: impulses at 24 bit/44.1 kHz...

What's the bit-depth? I need this info to convert the file to .aiff

Edit: Figured it out... it's 16 bit; the title is incorrect.

Edited by bru

19 minutes ago, bru said:

Disc 1 Track 28 has a filename of 28-impulse1644.flac, but the tile is Impulse Responses: impulses at 24 bit/44.1 kHz...

@dr_z?

12 hours ago, bru said:

Edit: Figured it out... it's 16 bit; the title is incorrect.

Nice catch & thanks! The title was incorrect (variable error in my makefile grabbed the bit depth from the last of the J-test files) -- I'll get a corrected copy uploaded ASAP...