IGNORED

Innuos Zenith Mk3 or OpticalRendu + separate server?

McNulty

16 minutes ago, Foggie said:

For me, that just seems odd there would be as much difference that you cite, but certainly don't disagree with your experience - how could I. 

It would be a fun experience to try something like this and have such a marked improvement, but it isn't easy to cycle components in and out to test.

When I had the Audiostore Prestige I had a fairly convoluted chain to try and maximise the SQ which evolved but basically entailed a MicroRendu, ISO Regen and Singxer SU-1.

With the Zenith MKII the SQ I was getting direct to my DAC - by both Ethernet and USB was so good I was able to dispense with the spaghetti chain of fixer-uppers.

Hence my argument earlier in this thread that it's better to not introduce noise than to try and remove it later. That was my experience anyway.

I then got my Zenith SE and it was even better still.

However much to my annoyance people said and I found it be to true that the TX-USBUltra further improved the USB output from the SE. But given we're now talking about a £1200 quid fixer-upper that needs a £400/500 power supply to shine it's a big leap compared to the relatively modest price points of the ISO Regen and SU-1.

I've no regrets as I enjoyed and loved them all. But Innuos know what they are doing and the Zenith series are very well engineered. The MKII impressed me so much I actually wondered whether I needed to bother with the SE at all. But given I'd already parted with an eye-watering figure for the SE I stuck to the plan.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

35 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

We also provided a hardware update to the original microRendu with just the new Crystek FEMTO oscillator. This update did not make the microRendu into an ultraRendu per se, but it was a great option for pre-existing owners. 

Hi Jesus,

Was this the 1.4 board upgrade?

If so then I bought it via Martin Smith in the UK.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

11 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Though to be fair, the ISO REGEN--with the same FEMTO clock as the ultraRendu, plus USB3.1 hub, plus full galvanic isolation--cost @BigAlMc $135

Yup, loved the ISO Regent and one of the best bang for bucks purchases out there.

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

Yes. I know because you stated it above. I was just trying to be complete in my answer. 

In fairness I had the ISO Regen and the SU-1 powered off the same LPS-1 for convenience even tho I understood there was an SQ penalty in doing so.

But much as I like both yours and Alex's products I found the Zenith beat them.

But different products and different price brackets, so not trying to take anything away from either of you.

Cheers,

Alan