IGNORED

USB-cable to connect Mac mini and jkeny HiFace?

Hi all,

I recently ordered the jkeny MK2 HiFace. As far as I can see from the images on John's website, I will need a USB extension cable (A/A) in order to connect it to my Mac mini. I'm wondering whether there are any special requirements to this cable? Will I have to look for an audiophile extension or will any cheap cable do it?

I have already looked around on the web and in some threads here, but it seems to me that the "audiophile" cables are all A to B, whereas I would need A to A. Any jkeny users out there?

Regards

Kay

Mac mini (Mojave, Audirvana/Amarra/Roon) -> Dirac -> Audioquest Carbon USB -> devialet 200 -> MIT Shotgun MA -> Verity Audio Leonore

Hi Kay,

I used this cable http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030304&p_id=5431&seq=1&format=2- according to Johns site, with this setup the cable

quality doesn't matter much.

I recommend that you check out the attenuators that John mentions

on his site-I went with a 10db on the DAC(valab), and a 6db

on the hiface end- they made a large difference.

Make sure you allow a few hundred hours of burn in before you judge. I have about 200 hours on mine and it's still improving.

I think that you'll be very pleased.

Rich W

Rich W

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly Rich,

The USB cable may no longer be a determinant of the sound as in the MK2 Hiface there is no power carried on the USB cable.

Agree completely with your recommending the Rf attenuators - changes the sound for the better & can be used on other devices other than the Hiface!!

Glad it's still improving for you Rich :)