IGNORED

what is the best audiophile switch?

I guess this is as good a thread to ask this question as any.....

I have a HTPC that has a slot open to install my JCAT LAN card.  But I need to install a switch into the network at this point.

I have a Lumin X1 that has both Optical SFP module port as well as regular ethernet network input port.  I have decided that I want to try using the GigaFoil V4 inline ethernet filter and then go into the X1 Network input...not the Optical port on the X1.

My question is if the benefits of the JCAT LAN card are diminished when I install the Cisco switch?

These are the two possible options I am looking at.

Option 1:  HTPC > JCAT LAN > Cat 6 > Cisco Switch > Cat 6 > GigaFoil V4 > Cat6 > Lumin X1 Network Port

Option 2: HTPC > Mobo LAN > Cat6 > Cisco Switch > Cat6 > GigaFoil V4 > Cat6 > Lumin X1 Network Port

If I understand this correctly the Cisco switch would reclock the signal and the benefits of the JCAT LAN are no longer there.  Is this basically the case?  The JCAT is powered by an Uptone JS-2 is that is of any consequence...

"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"