IGNORED

what is the best audiophile switch?

3 hours ago, sakso136 said:

Hi, i received the Cisco Catalyst switch and the optimodule combo.

i used the last 2 input for sfp and ethernet.

i have trouble connecting to the internet,so need help here pls.

on the mac book, under settings it shows status: connected but ethernet is yellow and state: self assigned ip.

i tried manually typing the ip adress of the router supplying the cisco with no success.

i tried connecting a tv box to the other output of the switch, same, ethernet is in, but no internet.

thks

Not sure which model, but you can usually only have one uplink at a time - sfp or ethernet. Try connecting the ethernet in into one of the regular ports. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

1 hour ago, sakso136 said:

Logic what you are saying .

the last 2 should be outputs: one sfp and one ethernet.

i think i need to connect an input on one of the 8 others.

No, the last two should be inputs and outputs (ethernet goes both ways in order to 'talk' back and forth) but you can only use one port and not both at the same time, so you have to choose between RJ45 or SFP. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab.