IGNORED

what is the best audiophile switch?

25 minutes ago, the_doc735 said:

It is in use all the time, wired, wireless & internet (LOL)

Cheers!

...just wondering about those audiophile OCXO switches?

Can’t help with those 🙂

Since integration of Qobuz and Roon, I am enjoying now Roon streaming in the same setup as my own local library.

although my Roon subscription limits streaming to 44,1kHz (except for purchased albums) I am extremely pleased with SQ.

And this over the most crappy 100Mbps ethernet lan, that unfortunately I cannot pull new cable for (old cat5 category, due distance 1Ghz ethernet not sustainable)

But as it is sounding great, I am not bothered with it (unless technical problems would arise in the future)

Dirk

9 minutes ago, ddetaey said:

Can’t help with those 🙂

Since integration of Qobuz and Roon, I am enjoying now Roon streaming in the same setup as my own local library.

although my Roon subscription limits streaming to 44,1kHz (except for purchased albums) I am extremely pleased with SQ.

And this over the most crappy 100Mbps ethernet lan, that unfortunately I cannot pull new cable for (old cat5 category, due distance 1Ghz ethernet not sustainable)

But as it is sounding great, I am not bothered with it (unless technical problems would arise in the future)

Dirk

fancy ethernet cables; that's a whole other contentious issue too! At the moment just using standard cat 6/7 myself.

cheers!

On 2/17/2019 at 12:45 PM, ddetaey said:

Can’t help with those 🙂

Dirk

Do you mean that your Qobuz subscription limits you to Redbook? AFAIK Roon doesn't have any limits on resolution or bit depth 

ChrisG

Bend, OR

8 minutes ago, ddetaey said:

I have an older type of subscription that is not offered anymore.

I can of course switch to the new Sublime+ plan, but I am in doubt to do so.

I already like the Redbook quality, and with the money saved I can buy a number of albums I really want to have in highrez

Dirk

My old Sublime subscription has been extended a view days before the new subscription model was announced and like you, I prefer to buy the music I like in the best available quality. Wonder what will happen in October this year when the next extension is pending. 

One reason is that the SQ of the music, stored on my Innuos Zenith MK3 is better than the streamed version.

8 minutes ago, #Yoda# said:

My old Sublime subscription has been extended a view days before the new subscription model was announced and like you, I prefer to buy the music I like in the best available quality. Wonder what will happen in October this year when the next extension is pending. 

One reason is that the SQ of the music, stored on my Innuos Zenith MK3 is better than the streamed version.

I have checked with Qobuz, and as long as I myself do not change of plan, I am entitled to renew at the same conditions, -same type at the same price (well, I assume at a certain moment in time prices will go up due to inflation or whatever).

Dirk

7 hours ago, the_doc735 said:

....but! ~ That router has EVERYTHING in my home network running through it as well as control for the HiFi. Don't I need some sort of separate point of control for the HiFi? i.e. something just for HiFi alone and dedicated to that particular task?

Cheers!

Not if you aren’t getting drop outs or other issues during playback.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

20 hours ago, EnjoyTheMusicNow said:

Note the router is SFP+ but the sotm switch is only SFP. I learned the hard way that you need to use SFP transceivers on both end and both the transceivers and the fiber optic cable have to be multi mode. Hope to save someone else the extra expense.

The modules and fiber have to match eg both SFP modules have to be either single mode or multi mode and the cables match. SFP(+) is backward compatible with SFP. 

Custom room treatments for headphone users.